QueryTracker Community
October 17, 2018, 05:18:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Query for teen horror novel  (Read 3132 times)
munley
« on: June 11, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »

Dear Agent:

I know that agent web sites say they groan every time they get yet another manuscript with the main character waking up in the morning, and yours is no exception.

However, in my case, after reading my sample pages, you won't be choking me with your leather collar studded with shark's teeth. Nice collar, by the way. In fact, it inspired my novel.

When Nancy True wakes up on the morning of her sixteenth birthday, she notices something strange about her blanket. It bears the unmistakable odor of shark's breath. The rock tune on her clock radio suddenly switches to ominous, pulsing music. She knows she has to get one step ahead of this mysterious villain or her whole village will die.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COVERS is a 90,000 word YA horror novel about a girl who wakes up smelling shark's breath. As per your guidelines, I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Author

holden78

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 08:35:13 PM »

This is great. I have to wonder what's so distinctive about shark's breath and how the MC know this. Please send the full ASAP, haha!
augusto

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »

Dear Author,

What do I gotta do to keep you quiet about that collar? Send ms.

Sincerely, Studded Leather Agent  zip it

Will Tinkham's novels: THE CARY GRANT SANATORIUM AND PLAYHOUSE, THE GREAT AMERICAN SCRAPBOOK, THE ADVENTURES OF HANK FENN,
BONUS MAN, NO HAPPIER STATE and
ALICE AND HER GRAND BELL.
Munley
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:34:06 PM »

Holden - The main character was a surfer in a past life. Lots of encounters with shark's breath. So, very knowledgeable.

Agent Augusto - you might want to try not posting that picture of you wearing it on your web page. Word gets around.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: