Author Topic: Adult fantasy  (Read 3373 times)

CillanXC

Adult fantasy
« on: June 15, 2015, 03:45:31 PM »
I'm looking for a reader for my 92K-word adult fantasy MS, BLOOD ROAD. If you've read my query over in the query review forum, you'll know I've had some trouble putting a subgenre on it. :emb: It's secondary-world historical fantasy; there's no magic, and the world is heavily based on Ancient Rome. I've used Megan Whalen Turner and Elizabeth Wein as comps. Here's a logline I used during PitMad: In a Rome-like empire, a young army officer risks everything to prevent a coup against the royal family, but realizes too late he may have chosen the wrong side.

I'd love to return the favor, if anyone is interested. I'll read most fantasy, sci-fi, and historical fiction, YA or adult; I'll also read some literary fiction and mystery/thrillers. Either a chapter-by-chapter exchange or a full-MS exchange would work for me. I'm not too picky about deadlines; I know summer is a busy time. :)

Offline CrawlingChaos

Re: Adult fantasy
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:40:49 AM »
  ooo! This sounds right up my alley (my story is also set in a fantasy world based on the Classical Mediterranean). I'd love to do an exchange if you were up for it. (: Warning that my story is 250k though (haha)--if you just wanted to read up to the same wordcount as yours that would be totally cool.

Offline CrawlingChaos

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 06:04:21 AM »
 No pressure if you don't think we're a good fit!

CillanXC

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 04:46:16 PM »
Sent you a PM. :wink: