Author Topic: Pitch Wars Agent Round  (Read 23834 times)

Offline Tracey Enerson

Re: Pitch Wars Agent Round
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 04:30:44 PM »
Middle Grade seems to be rocking. NA is 3 for 3 on requests. And I have 2 :)

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 04:45:17 PM »
Wow, am I allowed to point out that Pitch Wars seems really lopsided this year? Nearly all the entries I've looked at have 0 or 1 requests. And one has thirteen.

ETA: Fourteen.

I'm noticing that, too. Part of me wonders if, because there are so many entries, their clicking on the ones that already have comments because they figure they must be good if they're getting requests. It's a theory...

gckatz

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2015, 04:54:34 PM »
I'm noticing that, too. Part of me wonders if, because there are so many entries, their clicking on the ones that already have comments because they figure they must be good if they're getting requests. It's a theory...

I don't think so, because the index page and the page previews don't list the number of comments (as far as I can see, you'd have to click through to see how many comments an entry has). But there might be related factors, like agents sharing the most popular entries amongst themselves.

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 05:08:39 PM »

I don't think so, because the index page and the page previews don't list the number of comments (as far as I can see, you'd have to click through to see how many comments an entry has). But there might be related factors, like agents sharing the most popular entries amongst themselves.

Really? When I go to the site, I see a preview of each entry that tells me how many comments it has. I don't need to click them at all to see that.

Offline Tracey Enerson

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 05:14:48 PM »
There are two different postings. The one that lists the #of comments does not include the full list. I think it got messed up, and Brenda did another posting:
http://www.brenda-drake.com/2015/11/pitch-wars-agent-round-2/

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2015, 05:43:38 PM »
13 requests though...something must be up for all the agents to congregate on that request. I mean, I'm sure it's a good entry, but wow.

Maybe because there are more contestants this year?

How are you doing, Spike and Cradle?
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 05:46:59 PM »
13 requests though...something must be up for all the agents to congregate on that request. I mean, I'm sure it's a good entry, but wow.

My mentee has nothing yet. :(

But it's only the first day and there are still a lot of agents who have to visit. I'm keeping hope alive.

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 05:50:21 PM »

My mentee has nothing yet. :(

But it's only the first day and there are still a lot of agents who have to visit. I'm keeping hope alive.

Good luck! Your mentee's entry sounded awesome.
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

Offline TerryRodgers

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 06:59:28 PM »
Wow, no adult thrillers other than two romances and a light fantasy thriller. Damn! I hope that's not representative of the market or I'm screwed.

Offline olashorty

• Tales from a Juggernaut
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2015, 11:46:23 AM »
I also noticed how skewed the numbers are! Two of my CPs are in it; one has two requests and the other has...twelve?

Honestly, I wonder if part of it is genre preference? Contemp. seems to have more reqs than fantasy. Thriller and mystery seem to be doing pretty alright. I mainly looked at YA, haven't gotten through Adult and MG. Wondering how it'll look once it's all over.

Good luck, Cradle and Tracey! I just wrapped up requests from Pitchslam--Pitchwars and the mentoring seems awesome,  :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:48:46 AM by olashorty »

Offline Tracey Enerson

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2015, 12:12:06 PM »
Thanks, Olashorty! Historical Fiction isn't everyone's jam, so I feel very fortunate to have 4 requests.

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2015, 02:25:26 PM »
How is everyone doing?