Author Topic: Pitch Wars in August!  (Read 177209 times)

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
Re: Pitch Wars in August!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »
BOTR--Bones of the Rabbit. YA High Fantasy about a Pirate heiress.

I'm way too lazy to type out the entire name so I usually write BOTR. I think pretty much every regular member of QT knows what BOTR means now. lol.

I have 4 partials and 5 fulls out with it atm.
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

Offline 007 fan

• Eye right store ease.
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »
Anyone know when the list of people writers can select for possible mentors will be up?

I've been to the site and I can't find it....maybe I suck at surfing blogs and the list is there? 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:40:49 PM by ece007 »
:write:                                                                          :cbash:

CradleOfInsanity

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
Well, somebody made a twitter list/group, but I randomly found somebody who tweeted it. If I find the link I will post it here.

Offline 007 fan

• Eye right store ease.
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »
Thanks!
:write:                                                                          :cbash:

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 06:24:11 PM »
Anyone know when the list of people writers can select for possible mentors will be up?

I've been to the site and I can't find it....maybe I suck at surfing blogs and the list is there? 

August 3rd the official mentor list and their wishlist blog hop will be posted. Here's the schedule from Brenda Drake's blog:

August 3 – 17:  Mentor Bio/Wishlist Blog Hop
August 17: Writers submit applications to mentors for Pitch Wars
August 17  –  September 1: Pitch Wars mentors review applications and choose a writer to mentor.
September 2: Pitch War mentees are announced.
September 2 – October 31: Mentors work with their team.
September 10: #PitMad Twitter Pitch Party 8AM – 8PM EDT
November 3  – 5: Agent round for Pitch Wars
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:32:42 PM by Spikethebunny »

Offline awarwick

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2015, 08:04:44 PM »
I would do it...except I don't have a Twitter and probably won't any time soon. *shrug*

But I wish the best of luck to whoever enters it!

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 08:09:59 PM »
I would do it...except I don't have a Twitter and probably won't any time soon. *shrug*

You don't need Twitter to enter Pitch Wars. Just a shiny query and manuscript!

Twitter is only used if you want to do #Pitmad.

Offline awarwick

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2015, 09:04:55 PM »

You don't need Twitter to enter Pitch Wars. Just a shiny query and manuscript!

Twitter is only used if you want to do #Pitmad.

Oh really? Awesome! Is there a fee or anything? Sorry, I've never done anything like this.

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2015, 09:23:32 PM »
Oh really? Awesome! Is there a fee or anything? Sorry, I've never done anything like this.

No fee! As far as I know most contests don't have fees! (But some will have a donate button which is optional)

But yeah, twitter is nice for contests because the judge will tweet a lot about what they want to see and whatnot and there is usually a twitter party where the people entering the contest post stuff about their novels/etc. and it's really fun. A lot of it has to do with the community. But while I'd personally recommend a twitter for communication, it's not needed.
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2015, 09:31:56 PM »
All the judges like to tweet seriously vague things about things they like or hate and drive the participating authors nuts wondering if they are talking about them or not.
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2015, 09:39:17 PM »
All the judges like to tweet seriously vague things about things they like or hate and drive the participating authors nuts wondering if they are talking about them or not.

It's not just that. There's also the community too. I made a lot of friends during QueryKombat.

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2015, 09:44:50 PM »

I can't WAIT to do this, mwahaha! I'm already having too much fun smack talking other mentors and tweeting fake subs they'd like to see.

Awarwick, no fee! Brenda Drake's blog (www.brendadrake.com) will have all the info you need as it gets closer., but here's the basics. The first main thing will be on August 3rd. It's the mentor blog hop, where you visit the webpages of the different mentors and see what they are like and what they are looking for in terms of genre, etc. Then you'll choose up to 4 (I think) mentors to submit to. On the submission date (Aug 17), you'll fill out the form on Brenda's site (again, I think, if it's done like last year) and check off the 4 mentors you want to submit to. You'll send off your query and first chapter. Then you'll wait. Some mentors may ask for more, some may not. Then, on Sept 2, the mentees will be announced. If you're chosen, you'll work for the next two months with your mentor on whipping your manuscript and pitch into shape. Finally, on Nov 2, your pitch and first 250 words will appear on Brenda's blog for the agent round.

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2015, 09:49:58 PM »

I can't WAIT to do this, mwahaha! I'm already having too much fun smack talking other mentors and tweeting fake subs they'd like to see.

EVIL OVERLORD. THE POWER OF THE MENTORS HAS GONE TO YOUR HEAD>
:wag:

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2015, 09:54:43 PM »
well  at least we know none of us will be talked about by spike...  seeing as none of us can sub her  :-(
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2015, 09:56:22 PM »

EVIL OVERLORD. THE POWER OF THE MENTORS HAS GONE TO YOUR HEAD>
:wag:

Haha! Well, this has basically been one of my goals since being in it a couple years ago. I have vowed to enjoy it and hopefully help an amazing writer reach their own goals. Don't worry. I still remember what it was like on the other side. ;)

well  at least we know none of us will be talked about by spike...  seeing as none of us can sub her  :-(

Awwwww....well, I can assure you there are some incredible mentors this year (and there are a LOT of us to choose from)! And I'm going to be cheering for each and every one of you guys.

To be honest, I have this awful paranoia no one will end up subbing to me at all...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:00:49 PM by Spikethebunny »