Author Topic: Pricing Self-published eBooks  (Read 17514 times)

Offline Doggy Teng

• Lara Campbell McGehee, SF and Fantasy Author
Re: Pricing Self-published eBooks
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »
I mean, if I want a book bad enough, soon enough, i'll pay whatever.
Same here. :)

It occurred to me that my own book-buying habits are actually rather scary for anyone trying to sell books. :emb2:  I'm very choosy and I don't really buy that many -- if I'm interested in reading something, but not sure it's something I'd want to own, I'll often look for it in the library.  And over the years I've bought a lot of books from used books stores and book sales.

But . . . when there's a book I really want, such as a new release by a favorite author or a book that would be a perfect birthday gift for someone, I'm not price sensitive at all; I'll pay whatever it takes to get it ASAP. ;D

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 02:19:29 PM »
I'll agree to that as well, however I think the last book I wanted that bad was the final book in Harry Potter...  normally I can just wait until my library gets it, or I see it on sale.
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Offline violet

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 06:55:32 PM »
I think it really depends on what you want. I love having physical books in my house, so I'll pay whatever the author is asking.

Getting from the library is fine - library sales are great for trade pubbed authors. Unfortunately, there are great Indie books out there, but most don't get into libraries or bookstores, so the only way to read them is to pay.

It also changes a little, I think, when you're a writer - at least it did for me. I buy tons of books I'll never read, because it's my way of supporting the arts and supporting writers.

Offline 24_Stars

• Patience and perserverance is key to success.
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »
Hi John. Hi everyone. I see a lot of helpful information on here. Many of you have answered my questions so I apparently don't need to ask anything. Anyways, I'll take note of this information and apply it to my prices. Thank you.