Author Topic: Julia Weber  (Read 3457 times)

Offline 75_ballet_shoes

Julia Weber
« on: September 10, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »
Hi guys! I'm new here, but I wanted to post asking if any of you knew anything about Julia Weber? She's active on Twitter, but she's based in Germany, so I don't know much about her..

Anybody have experience with her?

Offline Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

• This, too, shall pass
    • Sarah Ahiers
Re: Julia Weber
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 03:51:16 PM »
I do not. I would also check the Absolute Write water cooler posts for her. AW has all the best info on agents and their practices
Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website

Offline TerryRodgers

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 04:48:49 PM »
I've seen her active in pitmad.

Offline JohnPansini

• just me.jpg
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 05:58:14 PM »
You're not going to believe this, but I queried her on 9/2 and she replied today, 9/10. It was a reject, but I know I received a fair shake. She named my MCs in her rejection letter. She seems like a very kind person and anyone who lands her for an agent is very lucky. If you thinking of querying her, I say, "Go for it."

BTW: I'm 0-2 today. Another agents said, "Thanks, not for us." Again, I appreciated her reject even though it was a form reject. Some agents don't even bother to answer.

Below is JW's rejection. I also posted it on her Comment Page.

Dear Mr. Pansini,

Thank you for sending a sample of MIRROR, MIRROR… for my consideration. I have now read the material you sent, and I regret to inform you that I won't be taking MIRROR, MIRROR… further at this stage. I have to admit that the premise doesn't really appeal to me—it's just one of those things that comes down to personal preference, I guess. All in all, the pitch didn't draw me in enough to want to see how things will unfold for Christina and Hope, I'm afraid. I'm sorry; I wish I had better news.

Again, thanks for thinking of me, and I wish you the best of luck finding representation elsewhere, and with your future writing career.

Best wishes,
Julia Alexandra Weber

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:05:01 PM by JohnPansini »

Offline James

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 09:13:52 AM »
That is one of the most personalized rejection letters I've ever seen.  Sweet. 

Offline 75_ballet_shoes

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 10:40:50 AM »
Thanks guys!

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 12:34:42 PM »
She is awesome. Like, the sweetest person ever. She was one of my offers, and we talked on the phone for close to 3 hours, even though it was the middle of the night there. She's also incredibly thorough with her reading/editing ideas. I know a lot of her sales have been to smaller presses or digital first (per publisher's marketplace), but I think she's still building her client list, so that's something to take into account. Honestly, though, she's one of the nicest people ever, and I think her edits would be on point.