Author Topic: Looking for crit partners for YA urban fantasy  (Read 5243 times)

Offline sarah_biglow

• It's a long and winding road
    • Offical Site
Looking for crit partners for YA urban fantasy
« on: September 13, 2015, 08:50:52 AM »
Hi folks:

It has been a long time since i was here. Life has gotten busy (real life, moving etc). I've been re-working a YA urban fantasy and I was hoping to find a couple of people willing to swap crits. I'm aiming to be done by the end of September and would like to have stuff back by the end of November. The mss is about 64k. Here's the query if it helps people decide.

--
In dreams, fifteen-year-old Abbie Rollands remembers a life as the Greek Muse Euterpe where people revered her talents of inspiration. Now she’s just the freak of the sophomore class with no waking memory of her real identity. She can’t control how or why her classmates burst into song or recite poetry when she’s around. The only person she doesn’t seem to effect is her crush, Liam Sullivan-Gray. Her latest visit to the Principal’s office for “disruptive behavior” results in a 3-day suspension and mandatory shrink visits to a doctor who is really the Greek Goddess Persephone. Persephone and Hades have a plan for Abbie and the other modern day Muses and it starts with their abduction.

Liam Sullivan-Gray is Hades’ son. Thanks to his bloodline, he can see the auras that identify each of the Greek Gods, including the Muses. Liam grows suspicious when Abbie doesn’t return to school after her appointments with his stepmother, Persephone, so embarks on a mission to find and rescue Abbie himself, with or without the help of the Gods. Persephone and Hades plan to use Abbie’s gifts as a weapon to sway the tide of the coming war between the Gods. To have any chance of stopping them, Abbie must learn to control her abilities. The fate of everyone—Gods and mortals alike—depends on it.
--

I'd be willing to crit YA in pretty much an genre.

Any help is much appreciated!
UNPLANNED [Women's Fiction] (Dec. 21, 2012, MUSA PUBLISHING)

Offline Tigerbunny

• The War in Serendipity
Re: Looking for crit partners for YA urban fantasy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:14:43 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I adore Urban Fantasy.  I'm free now, though, but may not be soon.  If you're just looking for someone to read (not edit) what you've got (even if it's not finished) and give you an opinion, just send what you've got to hoffhall@hotmail.com.  I just finished my manuscript, The War in Serendipity, so have about a week before I start a new project.  Just make sure you put in caps MANUSCRIPT, so I can retrieve it if it goes to my junk mail. 

Tigerbunny

Offline sarah_biglow

• Offical Site
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 01:54:11 PM »
I've got 3 more chapters to get through before I'm at a point where I need feedback. So I'll email you by Saturday at the latest. I just need feedback on if the pacing through at least chapter 6 works. If you have time to go further than that, awesome. But if not, don't worry about it.

Do you want me to look at your manuscript at all?

Offline Tigerbunny

• The War in Serendipity
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »
Hi and no problem.  Just let me know.  If you'd like to read my manuscript you can, but figured you're busy doing your own thing.  Nothing like having to stop what you're doing (especially if you're on a roll), to critique someone else's stuff.  If you find you have time, let me know, if not just keep on trucking and send me the first six and I'll read it.  :)

Offline sarah_biglow

• Offical Site
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 07:28:03 AM »
Why don't you send it tome and I can look at it in October (if that works for you)?

I really appreciate your help!