Author Topic: Looking for new beta readers for Women's Fiction  (Read 3916 times)

Offline WMG0712

Looking for new beta readers for Women's Fiction
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:27:59 PM »
My partner and I are hoping to find a beta reader or two for our manuscript. We've had a few people read it already but they're friends so we feel like they might be a little biased. It's right around 94,000 words. I posted the first chapter for review in the First Chapter forum, but here's the query if anyone is interested:

When 33-year-old Chloe Patrick (former terrorist-in-chief of Ronald Miller High School) bites the dust in a freak Christmas decorating accident, no one is less upset than Rachel Atkinson. That is, until Chloe’s death causes the plans for their 15 year high school reunion to fall into the laps of Maggie Hughes (Rachel’s lifelong best friend) and Rachel herself.

Maggie, ever the over-achieving, gung-ho former class president, still lives a mile from the high school and is more than happy to take on the task. Rachel, however, has spent the past fifteen years distancing herself from those four years of torture (and the actual town itself) and is determined to not get sucked back into everything she’d tried so hard to escape after their 1999 graduation. Once she returns, though, Rachel realizes her heart may have some unfinished business, as a relationship from the past becomes very much a part of her present.

Told in parallel storylines--one taking place in the glorious 90s (complete with Backstreet Boys, Delia’s fashion, and Varsity Blues) and the other in present day--Good Riddance uses humor and heart to remind us all of the power of friendship, the lure of lost love, and the hell of high school… and that sometimes you really can go home again, even if it’s the last thing you want to do.

Good Riddance is complete at 94,000 words. It’s perfect for those who love a great pop culture reference, the smart humor of Nick Hornby, and the female-driven drama of Judy Blume’s Summer Sisters.

(Thanks in advance!)

Offline cheermom

Re: Looking for new beta readers for Women's Fiction
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 07:59:54 PM »
Have you found anyone yet?  I'll do it.

If you're willing, I'm looking for someone for my Women's Fiction.  It's a first draft, so it is sloppy.

cheermom
You can't grasp tomorrow, if both hands are holding onto yesterday.