QueryTracker Community
May 27, 2017, 05:09:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: acronym help  (Read 17926 times)
Berkvase

« on: October 03, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »

Is there a list of the acronyms people are using in the query tracker comment section, ie. EQ, ER, etc., i.e., what they mean?
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »

Hi,
That's a question I get a lot. But, to tell you the truth, I'd rather people not put that information in the comments. It's supposed to go in the official tracking system, where it can be sorted and organized.

Which is why I've never posted the meanings of the abbreviations on the site, because I'm worried it would just encourage people to continue placing that information in the comments.

But, since people do still post there, I'll include the "unofficial" abbreviations here for you, but ask that you keep your comments there more specific about your interactions with the agent and record your queries in the tracking system.

EQ - Electronic (Email) Query
ER - Electronic (Email) Rejection
FR - Full Request
PR - Partial Request
CNR - Closed/ No Response
R&R - Revise and Resubmit
Berkvase

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 03:05:03 PM »

Thanks.
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 03:17:19 PM »

Some people use FR for form rejection and that drives me crazy, lol.

Well, the comment thing drives me crazy anyway. I wanna talk about an agent without it being pushed down. Lol.

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Fall 2018.
Lora Palmer

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »

I can understand wanting to make sure that when a reply is received, the reply is actually recorded.

If it helps, recording the reply is something I would do each and every time a response came in. Occasionally  I would also post it in the comments. Whenever I had outstanding queries, I'd check the agents' comments sections for updated replies. I always found it useful when people posted date of query and date of reply in the comments because it gave a sense of current wait time.

And, X, yes, I so hear you on the misuse of FR! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:22:26 PM by Lora Palmer » Logged

THE MIRRORMASTERS is now available
Leah must  stop a galaxy-ending cataclysm—if her birth sister, who unleashed it as a power grab, doesn’t kill her first.
Website
danpass

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »

Is there a list of the acronyms people are using in the query tracker comment section, ie. EQ, ER, etc., i.e., what they mean?

I wondered the same for a bit and couldn't find it.

Having only a vague idea, at best considering there is also a date, I just quit coming to the site lol.  Now that GOOGLE, yep, google, brought me to this thread I can finally understand what the heck people are commenting about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: