Author Topic: The Quillkeepers' Tavern  (Read 790461 times)

Offline audal

The Quillkeepers' Tavern
« on: August 16, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »
It had to happen eventually.

Upon hijacking my very own thread just a short time ago, I decided to take a bit of entreprenurial initiative and open up this nutty & rustic little dive just on the outskirts of Query Tracker.  Thought that perhaps if anyone at all sensed that a given thread was spiralling wildly off-topic, they could post a little note saying something like "Banter moved to The Tavern." 

Such businesses are admittedly risky endeavors, but considering the basic tenants of supply-side economics... Well, banter is in abundance here.  Thought a cozy tavern setting where we all can gab & laugh & spill drinks over one another might be just the depository for our conversational fodder.

I am sure a few of you are concerned about age restrictions and/or having a proper ID.  This will assuredly not be an issue, as there are no such laws in our wacky wilderness.

Drinks will be served under the Cup-Runneth-Over principle, so dress appropriately.

It is, to be sure, a veritable bigtop in here.  This is where off-topics go to be turned on.

Or something less seedy sounding than that.

So pull up a stool & Welcome to QT's Quillkeeper Tavern!
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
Re: The Quillkeepers' Tavern
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 04:41:52 PM »
Well, hiya, howdy! What's on tap today?

Offline audal

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 05:08:30 PM »
Welcome, JW!  Very first customer gets all drinks on the house.  Today's special comes from our top shelf - a chilled shot of possibility!

If you'll notice to your right, our dart board is comprised of a rotating list of agency names, so if you've gotten a rough rejection note, grab a dart & take aim.

The jukebox is also always complimentary, so feel free to punch up a tune reflective of your mood.  Naturally, music lover that I am, I have installed a jukebox that contains every song in music history.

Later tonight our house band - Francis And The Fruit Loops - will be performing a short set of your requests.

Hold on... are you askin' for another shot already?

OK, but fair warning... Too many and I'll have to ask for your keyboard keys!
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:23:29 PM »
Does this dive have wireless access?  Hiccup.    Poor me another mug of encouragement, and make it a double.   :duet:

Offline audal

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 06:41:44 PM »
**rings bell like a manic monkey on a sugar jag**

Ladies and Gentlemen, drinks on the house!  The mayor of our questionably humble wilderness has stepped into the tavern!

Sir, I am truly honored.  A double shot of encouragement, you say?  Oh no - for you, the entire bottle.  Guzzle up - we have an endless supply.

We do indeed feature wireless access, but management is considering installing a force field around the tavern.  As this is a place for us quillkeepers to kick back and unspool their nerves, we are not sure access to email is wise.  Why constantly be checking for query replies when you could be tossing darts, or watching a game... or even inventing a game?!

Offline Chelc

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 06:43:45 PM »
I think I'll pass on the drinks... ;)
But, to officially use the purpose of this thread; hijack topic #1:
WHO IS THE NEW FRANCIS!??!?!!?!?

Offline audal

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 06:48:04 PM »
I think I'll pass on the drinks... ;)

Smart call, Miss Chelc.

I had assumed that you were the mischievous force behind the new Francis.  The timing alone made it seem a bit prank-ish.  But this is not true?  For real?  Because if it's not, your conjuring powers reach far beyond the human imagination.

Offline Chelc

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 06:52:01 PM »
No, I swear on...(um what's a legitimate thing to swear on?)...I swear on my MS that I didn't create that Francis. Audal, I thought it was you. Is it not?
Then my second guess would be JW

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 06:53:18 PM »
There is a new Francis?  Where?

Offline Chelc

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 06:55:03 PM »
go to JW's "here goes...BC out the gate" and get caught up...

Offline audal

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 06:55:40 PM »
A new Francis joined shortly after I jokingly offered karma to the first person who could recruit an actual Francis.

Chelc - Nope, not me.  Pledge of 100% honesty here (now that the gender mystery is long since solved).

I've got a longshot bet on Lotheus... out creating a bit of merry mayhem, of which I believe he's fully capable.

But I really don't know for sure.  Puzzling.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »
I can check the logs, but I won't

Offline Chelc

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 07:00:38 PM »
It HAS to be someone in on the joke. There is no way that a real Francis could have popped up that quickly. Now I'm mad  >:(

Offline audal

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 07:02:56 PM »
 :agree: :agree:

But y'know, what are these boards without some sort of identity mystery?

But just in case, bases must be covered... Chelc, conjure us all up a positive response by the end of August.

Offline Chelc

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 07:05:27 PM »
Well, now with the faux Francis, it won't work to call you Francis, Aud! So whoever did it...beware.  >:D
But just in case, bases must be covered... Chelc, conjure us all up a positive response by the end of August.
And why me?