Author Topic: The Quillkeepers' Tavern  (Read 1054632 times)

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
Re: The Quillkeepers' Tavern
« Reply #2325 on: October 04, 2007, 09:53:43 PM »
 :happy: They're all so good, I can't choose.

We could save words and just send this:  :moom:

Joan, I can tell she left in a huff because I heard her slam her mouse down.

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #2326 on: October 04, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »
The letter was actually nice...if I didn't know there was a scam behind it  :)  The subject line was "I'm interested in becoming your literary agent" and then she said she was very interested in reading my projects with "an eye" towards becoming my agent and if I was still working on it I could send her sample chapters.  Very flattering.  They certainly know how to reel them in...Question - do I look more desperate than most?  ;D  Not that I'm not grateful for the chuckle, but why me?   ;D

And Patrick, love it!  It should probably also be accompanied by   :wag:
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #2327 on: October 04, 2007, 09:57:07 PM »
I checked your profile, Elky, you already have it set up to hide your email address, so she could not have gotten it from here.  What you might want to do first is pretend to be interested (just a little) and ask her where she got your email address.  Then, after you find out you can give her a few of these  :wag: :wag:

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #2328 on: October 04, 2007, 10:01:36 PM »
Good idea, cause I really am curious about that.  Of course, is she still coming around here?  If so, I think my covers blown  :)  She gave me her submission address and her website.  What should I say?  Umm, thanks for the interest, I'm not ready to submit yet but will look you up when I do, by the way where did you find me?   (Stalker!!!!!!!!!!!   :draw:  )  Oops, not the last part  ;D
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #2329 on: October 04, 2007, 10:21:05 PM »
Say, Thank you for the opportunity. I am putting some last minute polish on my manuscript, but will get it to you as soon as I am finished.  By the way, where did get my email address.

Then, after you find out, you can ask her about the pirate stories because I really loved that line.

Offline Miss Java

• Kristal Shaff - Fantasy Author
« Reply #2330 on: October 04, 2007, 10:25:27 PM »
The pirate stories is my favorite line too.

;D

Offline audal

« Reply #2331 on: October 04, 2007, 10:28:16 PM »
I still think that whatever you reply, it should be riddled with spelling errors.
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #2332 on: October 04, 2007, 11:21:34 PM »
Okay, I sent her a little note thanking her for her interest and asking where she found my address.  We'll see if she answers  :)

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #2333 on: October 05, 2007, 07:29:06 AM »
Great.  We should also offer her some Kool-Aid.

That said, I would like to reassure everyone that your email address at QT is safe.  It is not given out to anyone, nor can they get it by spying.  Just make sure that you go into your account here on the forum and check the box that says, "Hide email address from public?"

Do that my going to "Profile" (from the top screen menu) then go to "Account Related Settings" which is over on the left-side menu.  You will still see your email when you view your own profile, but that is only because you are you.

Offline Emeraldsky

« Reply #2334 on: October 05, 2007, 08:17:26 AM »
Hey everyone! sorry I've been away- Elky!!! wow! you have a fans!!  :celeb:

I'm dying to know if she has the guts to say where she got your address. Maybe she has an intern spy at another agency.. I'd  :draw: just for messing with your heartstrings.

When I was 'accepted', with in my first submission to a publisher, I was bouncing off the walls for about 6 hours- then, when my wits came back, I did a little more in-depth research. Oh the bad press I found! That's when I discovered P&E! The publisher was American Book Publishing Group. Of course I declined without burning the bridge, but the owner was so nice! (we emailed back and forth) I wasn't sure if I should believe the other side of the things or not, and ultimately decided that I wasn't ready to call the ms done.

Lotheus

« Reply #2335 on: October 05, 2007, 10:34:59 AM »
I say you send her a box with your "manuscipt" and when she opens it she finds a bunch of Kool-aid packets!  She won't know what it means, but it will be funny to us!  We need to start a brand called QT-Aid...

Offline Emeraldsky

« Reply #2336 on: October 05, 2007, 11:01:46 AM »
Ah, back from the land of editing...mailed the mss off finally, and realized upon getting home that there were some (admittedly minor) changes I wanted to make   :'(  However, I have decided to stop stressing, cause really now, what is the point.  So, throw me a KoolAid!  I have to spend the next week catching up with my severely neglected crit group and may just work on my WIP...I need a drink, and an aspirin, and a massage, and a nap, and a maid, and a nanny, and a...is anyone writing this down?  Seriously, someone get a pen  ;D

:wine:

Now that you've stopped stressing, I'll keep the Valium for myself. Throwing a KoolAid from here.. um, Okay!! Ready? Here's my old time-turner for getting caught up, and some Percocet instead of aspirin. My masseuse will be there in 15 minutes, along with Ms Poppins. Sleep all you want- she's great. And I'll email you my password and account info for Hunks-4-Hire. They do windows AND the odd honey-do fixing projects 'round the house. Anything else? I'm fresh out of crystal balls and magical wands. Sorry.  ;D

Offline LeahClifford

• Global Moderator
    • visit my website!
« Reply #2337 on: October 05, 2007, 11:59:47 AM »

And I'll email you my password and account info for Hunks-4-Hire. They do windows AND the odd honey-do fixing projects 'round the house.

Can I get that too?  ;D
A Touch Mortal
A Touch Morbid
A Touch Menacing
Vial Things
Something Grave (coming out 9/7/21!)

Offline Emeraldsky

« Reply #2338 on: October 05, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »
serious? I thought LS's avatar was his application image.

Offline LeahClifford

• Global Moderator
    • visit my website!
« Reply #2339 on: October 05, 2007, 01:17:08 PM »
Sadly, he's not much good at even killing spiders.  He has a tendency to use MY shoes to squish them. Oh and when the toilet seat broke, guess who bought the new one AND put it on... Yea, this chick!

He does make a mean pot of coffee though and never complains when I'm late on the rent. Plus, through a badly written paragraph in the Official Roomie Contract, he got stuck as the official dish washer.  Really though, those are all going to be non issues because any day now, when we both get gynormous book deals we can employ Spider Killer, Toilet Seat Changer and Shoe Cleaner at the mans.  :$: And yes, they will all be Hunks-4-Hire. 

PS- LS! :java: :hug:
A Touch Mortal
A Touch Morbid
A Touch Menacing
Vial Things
Something Grave (coming out 9/7/21!)