Author Topic: The Quillkeepers' Tavern  (Read 1054622 times)

Offline Chelc

Re: The Quillkeepers' Tavern
« Reply #2310 on: October 04, 2007, 08:58:16 PM »
Wait, Chelc slipped in a post about JW.  Now I must clarify, I'm talking about Michele Rooney here, not JW.

hehe. nice save.
now the karmatic beings will bring J to log in, see your post, and SMITE you!!

Offline audal

« Reply #2311 on: October 04, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »
Whoa!  A scammer agent drama right here in the tavern?!

Elkette - do tell - how do you think she even got your name in the first place?

And she was ON QT and created an account?

And left in a HUFF??

Oh man, this is just SO exciting!

So... Elky, how did you respond?  Can we create a 5-Word thread and tailor a response if you haven't already?!
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #2312 on: October 04, 2007, 09:04:50 PM »
She offered you representation and didn't even read your manuscript yet?  She is smooth. 

We really should help Elky compose her reply.  Lets see.   :censored: :censored: :censored:  No, that's too easy.

You could ask her what that skull & crossbones thing means on her profile at QT.  See what her explanation is.  That could be interesting.

Offline Chelc

« Reply #2313 on: October 04, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »
You could ask her what that skull & crossbones thing means on her profile at QT.  See what her explanation is.  That could be interesting.
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!

okay, that was 5 times...now you have to!

Offline Chelc

« Reply #2314 on: October 04, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »
 :o
oh my god...
oh...my...god!
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOOODDD!!!

(I missed grey's anatomy tonight!)

Offline audal

« Reply #2315 on: October 04, 2007, 09:11:14 PM »

DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
[/quote]

DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!

That was five MORE times... Majority wins!
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #2316 on: October 04, 2007, 09:17:33 PM »
Ha!!!  I totally will.  Okay everyone, come up with what I should say and I'll send it off to her.  I have no idea where she got my info from, which is kind of freaking me out a bit...could she have gotten it from here if she created an account?  If so she might be sending emails to other people as well....

How about,

Dear Ms. Rooney,

I was very excited to get your email!  Wow, an actual agent wants me?  I'm just speechless!!  I did a little checking around on this site I've been on lately, QueryTracker.net, have you heard of it?  They have you listed with a skull and crossbones but I couldn't figure out what that means.  Do you specialize in pirate stories?  Mine is a Victorian romance, but I could write a pirate story for my next book.  Anyhow, I'd love to send you my manuscript.  I charge a $60 reading fee and must be reimbursed for all shipping expenses.  If this is acceptable I will send you my manuscript right away.

Thanks so much!!

Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline Chelc

« Reply #2317 on: October 04, 2007, 09:20:44 PM »

Dear Ms. Rooney,

I was very excited to get your email!  Wow, an actual agent wants me?  I'm just speechless!!  I did a little checking around on this site I've been on lately, QueryTracker.net, have you heard of it?  They have you listed with a skull and crossbones but I couldn't figure out what that means.  Do you specialize in pirate stories?  Mine is a Victorian romance, but I could write a pirate story for my next book.  Anyhow, I'd love to send you my manuscript.  I charge a $60 reading fee and must be reimbursed for all shipping expenses.  If this is acceptable I will send you my manuscript right away.

Thanks so much!!

HAHA!
though I think you could use a couple more exclamation points at the end there.

Offline Miss Java

• Kristal Shaff - Fantasy Author
« Reply #2318 on: October 04, 2007, 09:27:21 PM »
  Do you specialize in pirate stories? 

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Offline Chelc

« Reply #2319 on: October 04, 2007, 09:29:13 PM »
so, exactly how much trouble would you get into if you actually sent that?

Offline audal

« Reply #2320 on: October 04, 2007, 09:31:02 PM »
Do you specialize in pirate stories? 

:lol:

OK, my turn...

Dear Ms Rooney,

How delitful to here from you.  Yes i wood LUV to have you to be being my agent!  I don't have two much money write now, so I'll send you a check for 500 dollars now and you can tell me how much i owe u latr.  My husband is not so sure i should do this though and he has guns so please don't lie to me.

It is so grate that some one finaly can see my tru talent.  I look forward to a terific partner ship. 

My husband looks forward to sending your body to a taxidermist.

Cordially,
Elky!

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
« Reply #2321 on: October 04, 2007, 09:38:51 PM »
 :rof2: :rof2: :rof2:
Oh man these letters are so great. I can't decide which one I like better. I think we should send one to her, and then one to the Harris agency.
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com

Offline Miss Java

• Kristal Shaff - Fantasy Author
« Reply #2322 on: October 04, 2007, 09:43:18 PM »
Dear Mr. Rooney,

Wow, boy am I excited.  I never thought I'd get an agent!  Enclosed is a link to a picture of a 500 dollar bill. http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312172/500dollarbill-3.jpg 

I hope that it will be sufficient in my publishing endeavors.  And I hope you don't mind that it isn't real. But of course, you aren't a real agent either, so it should fit quite nicely.

Rot in  :censored: ,

Elky

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #2323 on: October 04, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »
lovin' the letters, but i'm dying to know - what does an internet huff look like?
be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #2324 on: October 04, 2007, 09:49:50 PM »
Okay that last one might get me in trouble, but I love em!!!  ;D  Can I use this when I send it  :draw:  You aren't funnun me are ya, cause we don't take kindly to that around here   :draw:
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com