Author Topic: Beta Reader Needed for Pitch Wars MS!  (Read 4758 times)

CradleOfInsanity

Beta Reader Needed for Pitch Wars MS!
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:27:26 PM »
Hey guys,

I am in need of another set of eyes before I begin querying.

A few days ago, right when I was supposed to start querying after the Agent Round, a fellow PW mentee pointed out an inconsistency in my synopsis and plot, which needed a total rewrite of five chapters. I sent my notes to my mentor and she totally agreed that it needed to be reworked, as it was my idea (not hers) to change it that way.  In a blind panic, I wrote these chapters and threw them together. But I am needing a fresh set of eyes before I send it out. My mentor is busy with her own writing, so I didn't ask her to give it another pass.

Most of the mentees have already swapped manuscripts with each other or are querying (or getting offers of rep!), so I thought I would ask here.

I am open to swapping as well. I am a very fast reader--I also can to LBLs or whatever you feel would work best for your novel. I can do chapter-by-chapter or read in one lump some--whichever works for you!

I am open to pretty much everything, but YA is my comfort zone.

Here's the link to my PW entry to give you a feel for what my manuscript is about:

http://www.brenda-drake.com/2015/11/pw-232-ya-psychological-horror-the-zero-maker/

The beginning has been reworked as well.

Thank you to anyone willing to beta,

Cradle

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:32:53 PM by Ćrădl€ »

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
Re: Beta Reader Needed for Pitch Wars MS!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:32:39 PM »
I'm open to it. Maybe when White Stag needs a CP you could check it out? I'm gonna be finished with it quite soon so I'll definitely have time to look over your ms
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

CradleOfInsanity

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »
I'm open to it. Maybe when White Stag needs a CP you could check it out? I'm gonna be finished with it quite soon so I'll definitely have time to look over your ms

Sounds great. I love the sound of White Stag! I will absolutely be a CP for White Stag once it's finished!

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »
I'm still super into a swap or beta.  we never quite got it right last time.
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

CradleOfInsanity

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 08:41:24 AM »
I'm still super into a swap or beta.  we never quite got it right last time.

Awesome.  Do you still have my email?

Offline awarwick

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »
Hi Cradle!

If you still want even more eyes, I am definitely open to swapping (I have a YA fantasy at 83k). I'm also a fast reader. I'm currently doing an R&R so if you wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks until I fix the problems then I could send you my MS (though I can read yours right now). My story is polished so I basically need eyes looking for inconsistencies the agent pointed out.

But if you already have enough people that's fine too!

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 10:08:12 AM »
Pretty sure I have the e-mail at home...   I'll check when I get off work.
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

CradleOfInsanity

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »
Hi Cradle!

If you still want even more eyes, I am definitely open to swapping (I have a YA fantasy at 83k). I'm also a fast reader. I'm currently doing an R&R so if you wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks until I fix the problems then I could send you my MS (though I can read yours right now). My story is polished so I basically need eyes looking for inconsistencies the agent pointed out.

No problem! I remember your story--I fell head-over-heels for it!

And I am open to more eyes. :)

We can swap emails through PM, if you like!

Offline quiarahb

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »
Hey Cradle! Love your title! Would love to be another set of eyes on this thing! :) I'm writing a new WIP if you don't mind CPing it as I write. No pressure on my end, though. Just want to get in on this because I know your story will do awesome and get an agent!

Offline awarwick

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 10:46:44 AM »
Hi Cradle!

No problem! I remember your story--I fell head-over-heels for it!

And I am open to more eyes. :)

We can swap emails through PM, if you like!

That sounds good! So I tried PMing you but then I couldn't figure out how to find your user because you have letters from different languages in your name,  ha. So maybe PM me?

CradleOfInsanity

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »
Hey Cradle! Love your title! Would love to be another set of eyes on this thing! :) I'm writing a new WIP if you don't mind CPing it as I write. No pressure on my end, though. Just want to get in on this because I know your story will do awesome and get an agent!

Aw quiarahb, thanks! I think I am good on readers!  (Thank you guys! ).

And quiarahb, when I begin querying, I will TOTALLY CP for you! It will give me something else to think about other  than the crickets in my inbox!

Thank you all for your offers!

Offline quiarahb

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 07:15:34 PM »

Aw quiarahb, thanks! I think I am good on readers!  (Thank you guys! ).

And quiarahb, when I begin querying, I will TOTALLY CP for you! It will give me something else to think about other  than the crickets in my inbox!

Thank you all for your offers!

Cool beans, girlie!! And I will def. take you up in at offer!! I wish you all the best on this book! You deserve it, girlie!!!