QueryTracker Community
August 15, 2018, 03:41:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to check off agents you decide not to query?  (Read 16686 times)
Munley
« on: January 13, 2016, 01:50:29 AM »

Hi, Patrick,

The main QT has added a lot of good features since I last queried a project. I like the advanced filter options.

My first search has given me 14 pages of hits based on my filters, and I'm glad to have a broad net for starters. As I look at each one, I can see that some probably wouldn't be a good fit for me, but I don't see a way to indicate this online. I don't want to keep revisiting hits for agents I want to rule out.

I do see one checkbox on the left side of the list of agents generated by a search. But clicking on that simply indicates that you sent a query to that agent.

Maybe that prioritizing feature I saw on the advanced filtering video would do the trick. I saw that the numbers can mean whatever you want them to mean. I'll have to look at that again if there is no special feature for checking off agents you don't want to query.

Thanks!

Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 02:25:23 AM »

Hi, Patrick,

The main QT has added a lot of good features since I last queried a project. I like the advanced filter options.

My first search has given me 14 pages of hits based on my filters, and I'm glad to have a broad net for starters. As I look at each one, I can see that some probably wouldn't be a good fit for me, but I don't see a way to indicate this online. I don't want to keep revisiting hits for agents I want to rule out.

I do see one checkbox on the left side of the list of agents generated by a search. But clicking on that simply indicates that you sent a query to that agent.

Maybe that prioritizing feature I saw on the advanced filtering video would do the trick. I saw that the numbers can mean whatever you want them to mean. I'll have to look at that again if there is no special feature for checking off agents you don't want to query.

Thanks!

As far as I know you can put things in a "Do Not Query" list.

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 05:47:07 AM »

If you go to the agent's profile page you'll see two checkboxes on the right side section. One is "Add this agent to my query list" and the other is for your "do not query list." Putting an agent in your do-not-query list will put a big red X next to them.
Munley
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 06:24:44 AM »

Thanks.
Munley
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 06:36:23 PM »

I followed the instructions, Patrick, and didn't see any such boxes that you described.
Finally figured out why. I had to downsize my screen (CTRL minus sign), and then these boxes became visible.

So if anybody else has this problem, there's the answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: