QueryTracker Community
January 20, 2019, 08:09:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There are no posts on this forum! So my announcement is...  (Read 5132 times)
Chelc

« on: July 25, 2007, 08:45:43 PM »

...that I really like this smiley
 Computer Basher
(I'm having writing withdrawl...grr)

This smiley comes in a close second, though
 Java
(coffee is yum!)
Lotheus
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:10:54 PM »

You know, Chelsea, maybe you should try to pread it out.  10,000 words in a few days is great, but maybe just get a thousand a day.  Then you're always making progress and not making the rest of us feel like slackers.  We're a community here. Grin Thumbs Up
Chelc

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:21:05 PM »

Oh haha.
Well, unfortunately, I'm inconsistent when it comes to writing...and in more ways than one.
I have an awfully bad habit of letting my writing reflect the book I'm reading at the time...my book changes styles every couple chapters  Grin (not anything major, like the point of view, just the mood of it. You know what I mean?)
Or am I the only one who runs into that sort of problem Huh?
Lotheus
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 11:32:38 PM »

That's a tough one to overcome, and a lot of writing books tell you not to read while you write.  I find that once I find my voice in a story, it becomes unique enough that other styles feel foreign in it, so i don't have that problem.
Chelc

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 11:44:57 PM »

a lot of writing books tell you not to read while you write.
eek eek eek
Sorry, that's not going to happen...I have to read for an hour before I go to bed every night or else I just might die...
But, it's not like reading drastically affects my writing...just noticable enough for me ;)
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 07:25:05 AM »

I sometimes have the same problem, that I will unintentionally borrow the style from the book I'm reading.  I've gone as far as re-reading the same book so my writing would stay consistent, or avoiding books that I know would clash.  It's not that I steal their voices and styles completely, but I do see their influence in my own writing. 
Chelc

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »

Makes sense. Yes
teen-writer

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »

I used to have that problem. But I think after writing for a long time, and reading many different styles, I developed my own style. Now, whenever I read something else, it just serves to enhance the style, you know? Make it seem a bit less redundant.

Maybe that's what's showing up in your work - a break in redundancy, which is probably a good thing.

Chelc

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 09:29:28 PM »

I used to have that problem. But I think after writing for a long time, and reading many different styles, I developed my own style. Now, whenever I read something else, it just serves to enhance the style, you know? Make it seem a bit less redundant.

Maybe that's what's showing up in your work - a break in redundancy, which is probably a good thing.
Eh, okay.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: