Author Topic: Adding second and third queries  (Read 3708 times)

Offline isinglass

Adding second and third queries
« on: December 07, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »
With some of the agents, I've queried them more than once, because of nonresponse or changing agencies (or both).  But if I put the second query into the tracking system, will that erase the info for the first query or just add a second query? So far, I've been putting the info in the Notes section.

If you can't currently add subsequent queries without erasing the first, would it be possible for that to change at some point in the future so that you can?

I hope that was clear.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
Re: Adding second and third queries
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »
Uh-Oh, I didn't think of that.  Adding data for a second query will erase the first because there can only be one sent date, response date, etc. per agent per manuscript.  I'm not sure how to handle it.  I could add the option of multiple queries but I'm afraid it would just confuse people.  Maybe the best approach right now would be just to track the most recent query, or as you say, make notes in the note field.

Offline isinglass

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 01:07:43 AM »
That's what I'll continue doing, but it would be nice if that function were available. (nudge, nudge) That way it would be easy to see the complete record.

Offline isinglass

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »
Another reason for including that function would be to make sure that all of the responses are considered. Jenny Rappaport is down as Closed/No Reply. The second time I queried her I got an answer within a day, but because there's no way to officially record that answer, it isn't included on her page.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 10:03:22 AM »
OK, I think I have a solution.  Technically you are not supposed to requery for the same manuscript unless you've made some major changes. So, you should likely want to keep the results separate for each manuscript version.  Therefore the best thing to do would be to consider it a different manuscript.  So you should create a second manuscript on QT and track its submissions separately.  This way all replies are tracked and you can keep them separate so you can see how each ms version is performing.

Offline longknife

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 10:17:54 AM »
Is there a way to do more than one manuscript under the same username and email?
Or do you have to create a new username and email (like I did)?
A Soldier's Stories @ http://lvcabbie.blogspot.com
Father Serra's Legacy @ http://msgdaleday.blogspot.com

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »
Premium accounts can have multiple manuscripts, but if you are not premium then you have to create multiple accounts, one for each manuscript.  If anyone is wondering, this is not against the rules.  You can have as many accounts as you need, but it is more convenient to have them all under one premium account.