Author Topic: Sub Updates?  (Read 72671 times)

Offline AlythiaB

• Publishing Tips for the Restless Writer
Re: Sub Updates?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 04:49:46 PM »
GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! SON OF A NUTCRACKER!! NOT FEELING SANE TODAY!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Okay, phew.  :emb2: That feels better. Carry on.

Sometimes it is REALLY HARD to cope. Hang in there. You've got company in NotQuiteSane Land.  :jump:

Thanks, Miss B!!! I don't know what I'd do without you folks :)
Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com

Offline Missus Braidyhead

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 07:38:24 PM »
GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! SON OF A NUTCRACKER!! NOT FEELING SANE TODAY!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Okay, phew.  :emb2: That feels better. Carry on.

Sometimes it is REALLY HARD to cope. Hang in there. You've got company in NotQuiteSane Land.  :jump:

Thanks, Miss B!!! I don't know what I'd do without you folks :)

Right back atcha, sister.

Offline bswb97

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
Holy poop! I woke up this morning with news from my agent. An editor "loves it" and wants to talk tomorrow.

We are penciling in a phone call for the morning and he's briefing me on what to expect (which isn't necessarily an offer but obviously A GOOD SIGN).

And this isn't the R&R I worked on earlier. So that is still floating out there.

NERVES NERVES NERVES

Offline Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

• This, too, shall pass
    • Sarah Ahiers
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 11:49:17 AM »
AWESOME!!! Crossing my fingers for you!
Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website

Offline bswb97

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »
Thanks! I'll post an update tomorrow after the call. :)

Offline AlythiaB

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2016, 02:47:43 PM »
Holy poop! I woke up this morning with news from my agent. An editor "loves it" and wants to talk tomorrow.

We are penciling in a phone call for the morning and he's briefing me on what to expect (which isn't necessarily an offer but obviously A GOOD SIGN).

And this isn't the R&R I worked on earlier. So that is still floating out there.

NERVES NERVES NERVES

YAY!!!!!! I smell a book deal in the works! SO happy for you!!!!!!!!! Let us know as soon as you can  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :p2: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:
www.alyconner.com

Offline slightlysmall

• Rochelle Deans
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2016, 03:05:05 PM »

NERVES NERVES NERVES

This is awesome news! Congrats!!

Offline Corraine

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2016, 04:11:09 PM »
Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! :) :) Good luck with the call!

Offline Curious Author

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2016, 09:32:53 PM »
Good luck! :clap:

Offline sparklyunicorn

• world traveller, writer, recent college grad :)
    • Blog
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2016, 07:10:59 AM »
OMG Fingers crossed for today!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: (Remember to breathe and be in a place that has good phone/internet reception. I did a call in a bad service area and the call kept dropping :( )

Offline bswb97

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2016, 12:09:19 PM »
Editor call completed. We talked for an hour, mostly NOT about the MS. I think we had a good rapport. :) For book stuff, we're definitely in sync about the themes and pacing.  After we discussed it, she said something like "Good, we agree, that means we can work together."

MOST IMPORTANTLY: After we talked, she said she would call my agent after her editorial meeting tomorrow. My agent and I discussed what to expect, when he'd ping other editors, etc. but for now he said to take a deep breath and try to get some work done over the next few days.

This is a very similar feeling to the agent whirlwind but also a little different knowing that I have a professional at my side who has an established relationship with the editors. That helps immensely. So for now, my goal is to get through the workday and have a good time with my family tonight and NOT check the clock over and over.

I'll keep everyone updated as soon I know more. Thanks so much for your support!

:koolaid:

Offline Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

• This, too, shall pass
    • Sarah Ahiers
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »
Awesome!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed as the editor brings it up to acquisitions!
Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website

Offline Missus Braidyhead

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2016, 03:15:48 PM »
Editor call completed. We talked for an hour, mostly NOT about the MS. I think we had a good rapport. :) For book stuff, we're definitely in sync about the themes and pacing.  After we discussed it, she said something like "Good, we agree, that means we can work together."

MOST IMPORTANTLY: After we talked, she said she would call my agent after her editorial meeting tomorrow. My agent and I discussed what to expect, when he'd ping other editors, etc. but for now he said to take a deep breath and try to get some work done over the next few days.

This is a very similar feeling to the agent whirlwind but also a little different knowing that I have a professional at my side who has an established relationship with the editors. That helps immensely. So for now, my goal is to get through the workday and have a good time with my family tonight and NOT check the clock over and over.

I'll keep everyone updated as soon I know more. Thanks so much for your support!

Ooh, good luck! Fingers crossed here, too!

Offline violet

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2016, 03:21:31 PM »
Glad it went well!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keep us posted!

Offline AlythiaB

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:13 PM »

;D this is the best! So hoping everything pans out for you, friend!!
www.alyconner.com