Author Topic: YA Science Fantasy with Dragons  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Carakasla

• The Shadows Series
YA Science Fantasy with Dragons
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:53:21 PM »
*waves* Hello.

I'm looking for a beta reader/critique partner for my newest manuscript. I haven't done this in like two years so forgive me if I'm a bit rusty. I'm willing to trade a first chapter or up to first 50pgs/three chapters, whichever one you would like. I have a query that I'll post below which is probably better than me rambling on forever. Just PM me or post here and we can figure something out. Just PM me or post here if you are interested.

Here is the Query:

Magic is Science.

It was the motto of the Dragon Sorceresses before the extinction of Magic but to sixteen year old Keiara Roshan, they are just words from the history books. Between choosing her major and making sure her homework is done on time, she never took much interest in the old stories and tales of her kind, the dragon-humans.

After getting saved from a monster, Keiara begins to do the impossible: using the ancient magic of her people. Now, visions of a chained up dragon and a mysterious voice plague her mind—a voice that seems all too familiar—she must come to terms with the idea that those old tales had more truth to them than she initially believed.

But, her city is under attack from terrorists who are searching for magic users and they begin to set their sights on her. When they hit close to home and she finds herself accused of murder, she goes into hiding and turns to the voice for help. They have to get to the bottom of the terrorists' plans before they find her, because the terrorists aren't just looking for Sorceresses...

They are killing them.
Shadowfall: Editing

Twitter: @Krysten_Hill

Offline thieleas

Re: YA Science Fantasy with Dragons
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »
Hi, Cara! I love dragon stories.  :up:

I'm not quite finished with my current WIP. I'm about 60,000 in and looking for a CP to help push me to the end. I've revised the first half and am ready to start exchanging those chapters, but it could be a couple months before I finish this thing. Let me know if this fits your timeline.

I don't have a query yet, but it's YA sci-fi.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:02:03 PM by thieleas »

Offline Carakasla

• The Shadows Series
Re: YA Science Fantasy with Dragons
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:08:29 PM »
Hi, Cara! I love dragon stories.  :up:

I'm not quite finished with my current WIP. I'm about 60,000 in and looking for a CP to help push me to the end. I've revised the first half and am ready to start exchanging those chapters, but it could be a couple months before I finish this thing. Let me know if this fits your timeline.

I don't have a query yet, but it's a YA sci-fi set in an eco-friendly future where breathing underwater is a lifestyle choice.

Well, I'm finished at ~102,000 words but I love Sci-Fi! I'm reading a Sci-Fi book right now! Why don't we exchange our first three chapters to make sure we even like each other's stories? No, pressure and if we do like, we can continue and if we don't, we can both step away with no hard feelings. Deal?
Shadowfall: Editing

Twitter: @Krysten_Hill