QueryTracker Community
May 25, 2017, 01:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SF Bay Area Craigslist is Looking for a Novelist! Lol  (Read 14921 times)
AlythiaB

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »

The message was funny and quite suspicious. I personally wouldn't even bother. Also, Craig's list-- come on lol.

Um, right? I'm gonna follow this instinct.

Just the venue, Craig's List, sets off warning bells in my mind. That they've put their ad on CL instead of other, more legitimate literary venues, tells me these guys don't know squat.

Thanks for posting,
JP

John!! Welcome back! And, yes, that's what I was thinking, too! If they're connected within the industry, CL doesn't seem like the place they would be posting to find qualified writers... Just weird.

Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com
violet

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 03:31:42 PM »

There was an ad yesterday in CL looking for a YA writer. But s/he had to be in her/his 20s. What? C'mon....there are plenty of YA writers 30 and over...and over...and over....

AlythiaB

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 03:42:25 PM »

There was an ad yesterday in CL looking for a YA writer. But s/he had to be in her/his 20s. What? C'mon....there are plenty of YA writers 30 and over...and over...and over....

Uh, also weird. Was it along the lines of 'and all YOU have to do is make 3 easy payments of 99.99 for upfront editing fees'? lol

Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com
violet

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 04:11:06 PM »

Lol!! It wasn't, but I couldn't help but respond with a polite WTH? If they are looking for serious writers, they shouldn't put an age cap on it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: