QueryTracker Community
April 23, 2018, 12:35:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can't log out of QT  (Read 3875 times)
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« on: May 15, 2016, 03:00:23 AM »

Title says it all, but I've just tried logging out several times and QT won't let me. I've never had this happen before. I did close google chrome and then came back here to try logging out again, but it still won't work.

ETA: I just restarted my computer to see if that would fix it, but nope. And my logged-in time accrued while I was restarting and such. I'll try shutting down my computer and coming back to see if that works.

ETA: Shutting off the computer didn't work, but clearing my cookies/cached items did. That was weird because I just cleaned those out not long ago, and I've not done that for a much longer period and never had a problem.

Leaving the thread up in case someone else has the problem so they can see how to fix it.

ETA: STILL HAVING PROBLEMS. I WAS INITIALLY ABLE TO LOG OUT AFTER CLEARING COOKIES/CACHED ITEMS, BUT NOW I CAN'T AGAIN. AND MY LOGGED-IN TIME STILL ACCRUES WHEN I'M OFF THE SITE. IS THIS THE OPPOSITE OF BEING BANNED?  Grin

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:16:13 PM by 007 fan » Logged

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 07:08:11 AM »

That's because we hate to see anyone leave Smiley.

I think it was a cache problem on this end. Please try again and let me know what happens.
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 07:14:18 AM »

That's because we hate to see anyone leave Smiley.

I think it was a cache problem on this end. Please try again and let me know what happens.

Haha!

I just tried, but I still can't log out.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:19:08 AM by 007 fan » Logged

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
V-Taylor
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 07:59:09 AM »

I also had trouble logging out.

Updated to Windows 10 last night, but don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I did notice something, though, that gave me a clue, and then I was able to log out.

In the upper left corner there was a message saying;
"Firefox automatically prevented this site from redirecting you to something or other."

In the upper right corner there was a little button saying 'ALLOW".
when I clicked on that, it let me log out.

Then, when I tried to log back in, I had the same problem, but the ALLOW button let me in.

Never had this happen before. I think Firefox got updated too.
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 11:20:56 AM »

It might still be some residual cache problem. Try this: Hold down the shift key while at the same time clicking "refresh" in your browser. This forces your browser to refresh the cache for just that page.
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 03:41:32 PM »

It might still be some residual cache problem. Try this: Hold down the shift key while at the same time clicking "refresh" in your browser. This forces your browser to refresh the cache for just that page.

QT is letting me log out now. I think having my computer completely off for several hours did it?

It's interesting that the 'shift' and 'refresh' is mentioned because I'd just started using the refresh in my browser while on QT not that long ago when before that I'd just hit the home or forum heading or whatever. If the problem happens again, I'll try what you suggested, and I suspect that will fix things right away.

Thanks! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: