Author Topic: In Need of a Sensitivity Beta Reader for Underrepresented Character  (Read 4608 times)

Offline AlythiaB

• Publishing Tips for the Restless Writer
Hey guys!

I'm in need of a sensitivity beta reader in the near future (maybe a month?). African American, to be specific. I will swap with you--substantive suggestions, copy edits, whatever you need in return! And since I won't be ready for at least another month, I'll be able to read your ms first. Comment or PM me if you're interested, or know of someone who may want to trade!

Thank you!
Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com

Offline Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

• This, too, shall pass
    • Sarah Ahiers
If you don't find anyone, Writing in the Margins has a spreadsheet of people willing to be sensitivity readers of different sorts.

http://writeinthemargins.org/sensitivity-readers/
Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website

Offline AlythiaB

If you don't find anyone, Writing in the Margins has a spreadsheet of people willing to be sensitivity readers of different sorts.

http://writeinthemargins.org/sensitivity-readers/

Thanks, Sarah! I'm going to have to revisit this option if I can't find anyone. Ideally, I would love to add another CP to my group. I might ask some friends, too, even though they're more the reader types vs the writer/editor types. I was just worried they may not be as brutally honest with me, or maybe not even know what I'm hoping they could identify for me (white lens--I'm pretty confident that my character isn't stereotypical).
www.alyconner.com

Offline spiraldreams

Re: In Need of a Sensitivity Beta Reader for Underrepresented Character
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:15:02 AM »
Nothing here since May - ever figure that out?  I'm in the same boat.  The link was nice - might go that direction.  I'm interested in overall CP.  Let me know how it went.

Offline AlythiaB

Re: In Need of a Sensitivity Beta Reader for Underrepresented Character
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 02:42:15 PM »
Nothing here since May - ever figure that out?  I'm in the same boat.  The link was nice - might go that direction.  I'm interested in overall CP.  Let me know how it went.

Actually, yes! I now have a lovely new CP in my group! But, actually, we connected because I was interested in her story when I had put this particular title aside to work on revisions for my other book. lol So I'm glad it happened a little more organically and that I have a new partner who also reads and writes fantasy to swap with  :)
www.alyconner.com