QueryTracker Community
December 18, 2018, 09:37:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting problems with new MsEdge browser that came with Windows 10.  (Read 15007 times)
V-Taylor
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:41:02 AM »

I don't have trouble typing a post, but looking at the preview is a problem.

The preview shows me only one line at a time. I can scroll down to look at each subsequent line, which would be okay if all I was looking for were typos, but I'm looking to see how the whole post flows as well. Flow is hard to assess in the original window because of formatting directions interrupting the writing.

I realize that I can switch back to Firefox or use Google Chrome. Chrome is too damned nosey with tracking and Firefox crashes more often since I upgraded to Windows 10.

Is there anything that can be done about the miserly preview window produced by the Edge browser?
I don't know if it happens on other websites besides QT, which is pretty much the only paste I post.

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:07:54 AM »

Sorry about the trouble V. I'll look into it, but there may not be anything I can do about it. The forum software is a third-party system. In other words, I didn't write it so changing it is very difficult.

It's also very old, which means I should probably upgrade it. I need to look into that as well, since it will need to be done eventually anyway. I'm just worried about losing posts in the process.
V-Taylor
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:31:08 AM »

Thanks for your response.

Maybe somebody who posts on a variety of web sites that use preview windows will chime in here. If the same problem occurs on those sites, it seems that changing something on QT might not make a difference.

The new Edge browser is the only one that has ever presented this problem for me on QT.

Falthor

Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 10:00:21 AM »

personally I don't use INternet Explorer or Edge to surf the internet, Chrome or Firefox do a much better job.

“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
GLZyx

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:09:01 AM »

The preview shows me only one line at a time. I can scroll down to look at each subsequent line

I don't know if it happens on other websites besides QT, which is pretty much the only paste I post.

I have this problem and I use chrome. I have also used this type of forum around the web and haven't had this problem.
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 03:58:47 PM »

I have the same problem when I use Chrome, though I can preview a full PM. If I'm going to be critiquing, I switch to Internet Explorer, and that allows me to preview my full post. I have no idea if IE is available for Windows 10.

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
V-Taylor
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:46:25 PM »

IE Explorer gave me a different problem. I'd type so many lines of a post, and then the subsequent lines would jump up and down as I was typing. Firefox was fine, but for some reason it's crashing a lot on me.

I know that Chrome works, but it's super aggressive tracking of every move users make really bothers me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: