QueryTracker Community
January 20, 2018, 10:41:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Website for Agents  (Read 21935 times)
Patrick
Administrator

« on: June 15, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »

QueryTracker has released a new website that agents can use to receive and manager their queries. It's called, https://QueryManager.com and there are a few agents already using it.

I'd like to get feedback from authors who are querying agents through this new system. So, if anyone is about to query either Bookends Literary or Janet Reid of Fine Print Literary, please do so using QueryManager, then let me know here how it goes. Was there anything that was confusing (even just a little) or that didn't work at all?

For a list of agents using it and links to their query forms, you can go to https://querymanager.com/users.php

Thank you.
Kimberly-

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 06:08:07 PM »

Wow, that is cool!  And it seems super easy for the agent.  I'm going to tweet this out!

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 06:12:57 PM »

Hopefully it will help reverse the "no reply means no" trend.
Kimberly-

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:16:01 PM »

That's what I thought of when I saw your awesome video on it (at least I'm hopeful).  Smiley  You've made it so easy!
jldelozier

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 07:04:57 PM »

Patrick,

Janet Reid tweeted it so I have it a whirl. I had no problems with it, and she responded super-quick - a rejection, natch, but hey - I threw myself on the sword for you guys! 
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 07:32:55 PM »

Thank you for your sacrifice, jldelozier.  Grin
AlythiaB

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 11:46:22 PM »

Hopefully it will help reverse the "no reply means no" trend.

I was totally thinking this when I watched the tour video! This is reeeeally neat, Patrick! It clearly keeps both the agent and writer in mind. I'm gonna tweet, too!

Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com
bswb97

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 04:00:43 PM »

I saw Aly's tweet about it and I went "Oh, cool. I loved QT when I was querying." So I forwarded the new site to my agent and my agent pal. Smiley
AlythiaB

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 11:29:53 PM »

I saw Aly's tweet about it and I went "Oh, cool. I loved QT when I was querying." So I forwarded the new site to my agent and my agent pal. Smiley

Grin

Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com
RonnaJG

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 07:28:31 PM »

I submitted to Bookends the other day.  The form was easy, the response email was great (no worrying about whether it worked or not), and I love having the trackable status number. 

The only complaint I have is the large Biography field reminded me, and put it in glaring white space for all to see, that I am unpublished. And, having the Biography field followed by the "have you ever been published before" question seemed redundant and reiterated that I have no experience.

Otherwise it worked GREAT!

Ronna

Just Keep Writing
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 09:40:24 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Ronna. Each agent using the system gets to pick which questions they want to ask, so that isn't up to me.
Becca

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 08:23:04 AM »

QueryTracker has released a new website that agents can use to receive and manager their queries. It's called, https://QueryManager.com and there are a few agents already using it.

I'd like to get feedback from authors who are querying agents through this new system. So, if anyone is about to query either Bookends Literary or Janet Reid of Fine Print Literary, please do so using QueryManager, then let me know here how it goes. Was there anything that was confusing (even just a little) or that didn't work at all?

For a list of agents using it and links to their query forms, you can go to https://querymanager.com/users.php

Thank you.

I'm definitely not at the query stage so I'll be of no help to you, but I want say: this is awesome!

Writing full-time on her first fantasy novel, Becca works from the top down and wonders if she's alone, alone, alone. Here she sits, soaking up the wisdom of others and offering suggestions despite being a rank newbie (she also offers a large shaker of salt to go with her words.)
mgmystery

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 11:06:32 AM »

I queried Adah Nuchi with Jill Corcoran Lit using the form. It's easy to use and gave the confirmation right away I LOVE the email with a link to check up on my sub!
Falthor

Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 12:33:12 PM »

I just queried someone using the site and thought it was pretty slick and easy to use.  is there goign to be any future integration between the 2 sites patrick?

“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 05:19:20 PM »

Yes, Falthor, in the near future I will be adding an option for authors to sign into their QueryTracker account when they send the query. This will link the query to your account, so the query will be tracked automatically in QueryTracker. You'll also be able to query direct from QueryTracker.

But I'm kind of waiting on those bits until more agents are using it. Six more signed up today, so it's moving along.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: