QueryTracker Community
January 19, 2018, 07:06:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about noting No Response and closing a query  (Read 1041 times)
skribbler

« on: September 15, 2016, 04:29:17 PM »

I've been waiting about seven weeks for a response from an agent. I just looked at his query timeline, and there are a bunch of queries that were closed after exactly 121 days. Is there some reason everyone quit waiting on him in exactly this amount of time, or is there some way of setting a time after which your query will automatically "close"?

I think I'm misunderstanding something about what CNR means. I'd expect the time it takes one or another person to close their query would vary.

Thanks for helping a new user, folks.

Rob
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 05:08:37 PM »

Hi Rob,
There is a setting in QueryTracker that will automatically close queries on the 121st day if no reply is recorded. This feature was added a while back when too many people weren't recording anything when an agent didn't reply. Wishful thinking, I guess.

If you don't want your queries closed automatically, you can turn it off by going to "Settings" and then "System Preferences" then uncheck the box for "Auto Close Old Queries".
skribbler

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:24:08 PM »

Thanks so much, Patrick! I knew it had to be something that simple.
Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »

Hi Rob,
There is a setting in QueryTracker that will automatically close queries on the 121st day if no reply is recorded. This feature was added a while back when too many people weren't recording anything when an agent didn't reply. Wishful thinking, I guess.

If you don't want your queries closed automatically, you can turn it off by going to "Settings" and then "System Preferences" then uncheck the box for "Auto Close Old Queries".

This is an AMAZING new feature I didn't even know about!

Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: