Author Topic: WL Writers Literary Agency  (Read 14867 times)

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
Re: WL Writer's Agency?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 08:39:52 AM »
Yeah...like a full frontal spam attack on scammers!  I still love Lilli's the most...(bam!)

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 09:23:41 AM »
If Lilly doesn't come back and claim it, then you can use it for this attack.  I would suggest you hop over to gmail or yahoo mail or something and create a secret identity and use that for the submission.  I think I'll be Richard Authorpants.

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
ack - patrick, i see you've already decided to put them on the agent list - ignore my request, then (obviously).

oh, yes, i definitely like the idea of flooding them.  and i LOVED audal's letter.  perhaps we call all send a variant - different gibberish and different method of 'meeting':  i look forward to setting your shoes alight;  i look forward to your heart transplant; i look forward to dangling your hamster off the overpass....
be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)

Offline audal

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »
I'm not sure I wanna actually send 'em gibberish queries... I may get too intoxicated on the idea of having an agent!

I also had a tough time falling asleep last night on account of my busy brain trying to find a way to slot HORTON STARTS A GREASE FIRE somewhere into my WIP!
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 10:50:24 AM »
well, the intoxication may bring about better gibberish, which could lead to an actual agent and true publication, fame, notoriety and a sit-down on Oprah's couch, where you'd have to admit you don't actually speak gibberish, you were merely intoxicated at the time, leading to audience boos and catcalls, opinion columns in serious newspapers that should be focusing on real news but instead look to you and your deplorable gibber-fake to increase the hits on their websites/blogs, leading to increased advertising revenue which makes them publish less hard news and more anti-fake-gibber stories, so that the powers-that-be to do all sorts of nefarious things they'd never even consider had there been a vigilant 4th estate, and, as a result, the planet will explode.

wow, audal, whatever you do, DON'T WRITE THAT GIBBERISH!

Offline audal

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 11:01:43 AM »
No kidding! 

Joan, thank you for the glimpse of my future.  I will aspire to tone down my excellent jibberish & now shoot only for the mediocre.  I will not let Oprah get her squeaky clean hooks on me!  Nope!
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 11:48:55 AM »
the planet is safe.... now I see why you are a 'hero member'! 

Offline justwrite

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »
Joan..I think you definitely have the right stuff for this forum!

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
oh that is very sweet!  thank you.

I like this place - after looking around, I see newcomers are (usually) greeted warmly, there doesn't seem to be any incivility and lots of positive support.  very un-internet like!! 

i'm not sure about karma, etc.  what's that about?

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 05:17:31 PM »
Karma is a way of showing your appreciation of another user.  You will notice on the left side of the screen under every user's name it says "karma" and then some numbers like +10/-0 and right below that you should see "[applaud] [smite]"  So, if someone says or does something you like, you applaud them by clicking their "applaud" button.  Which will increase their positive karma.  If they do something bad, you click "smite" which will increase their negative karma.  As you can see, there is no negative karma on this site.  ;D

Offline justwrite

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 05:31:11 PM »
That's because Patrick takes off the smites if he likes you..ooops, major thread lapse.   :zip:

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 05:33:32 PM »
but... i like everyone who posts.  should i karmasmack 'em every time i read what they say?  can karma be redeemed for something?  is it a measure of popularity (oh, if it is, i'll fess up - i'll be the great equalizer... don't like popularity contests!!!)

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »
We don't want to cheapen it by giving it for just anything.  If someone makes you laugh or posts a really good piece of writing then karma them.  It's not really a popularity contest.  I'm not sure what it is.  We don't take it very serious, it's just part of the fun.

Offline justwrite

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2007, 05:44:06 PM »
It's magic too...whoooo. Right after Patrick gave me my first two karma points I got requests for two partials....But I think we wore it out. That's why we need to be selective about our karma use.  :prof:

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2007, 05:46:30 PM »
Hey a professor smiley.  Would you like to claim that as your own?