Author Topic: If you're flying to or from Canada in 2017  (Read 4381 times)

Offline slightlysmall

• Rochelle Deans
Re: If you're flying to or from Canada in 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »
:rolf:

Offline jldelozier

• Twitter: @jldelozier
    • Author website
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:33:59 AM »
Bwahahaha! I love Canada!
Jen/J.L. Delozier

author of The Photo Thief (coming soon!), the Silver Falchion award winner Con Me Once, and the Persephone Smith thriller series

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:40:59 AM »
Canada is great.  :up:
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 11:37:54 AM »
Sorry about that.
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Offline violet

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 05:45:38 PM »
 :rof2: :rof2: :rof2:

Offline Munley

• Nova Scotia, Canada
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 09:36:58 AM »
I paid on my way out of Canada to Boston. But Canada wouldn't let me fly back home, no matter how much I was willing to pay.

Offline Munley

• Nova Scotia, Canada
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 04:23:41 AM »
It's crossing the border by land -- except for essential travel -- that has been banned since March, 2021. Except for flights from certain countries with Covid spikes, countries which have had temporary bans, flying into Canada has been possible throughout the Covid pandemic. Dual citizens, or a citizen of one country and permanent resident (immigrant) of the other have been able to drive across.

Flights from the USA have never been banned, but travelers must comply with strict quarantine and testing rules for 14-days. You can't fly to Canada and hang out with your friends here or have Canadian friends come by to visit you at your hotel for 14 days. (Now fewer days for fully vaccinated travelers, depending on Covid-test results before and after arrival. Their unvaccinated children still have to isolate the full 14 days.) 

The rules get modified periodically. Here is the link to the official government site explaining the latest requirements, if you are planning to drive in:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/entering-canada-checklist?utm_campaign=gac-amc-covid-20-21&utm_source=driving-canada-checklist&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en

I would not be surprised if there are long lines on both sides when the U.S.-Canada border fully opens. Even then,  it's likely that the children of fully vaccinated adults will still have to isolate for 14 days upon arriving in Canada. Doesn't sound like much of a family vacation.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 02:40:29 AM by Munley »