Author Topic: Seeking beta reader/critique partner--will swap!  (Read 3469 times)

Offline hesterL

Seeking beta reader/critique partner--will swap!
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:52 AM »
Hi everyone!

I recently finished a YA suspense novel with feminist themes--currently, I'm looking for a beta reader (or readers!) so I can polish it up before sending it off to my agent.  It's around 52,000 words long, and (in brief) it's about a trio of girls who form their own church in response to a bunch of incidents in their small town.  I think the writing is fairly clean, so what I'm primarily looking for is someone who can spot plot holes, places where the pacing lags, etc. 

I'd be glad to do a swap, if that works!  I read a lot of YA (mostly contemporary or thriller-ish), but I also have a soft spot for horror and historical (YA or adult).  If anyone's interested, please let me know, and thank you so much!!

hester

Offline Astlel

Re: Seeking beta reader/critique partner--will swap!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 12:54:50 PM »
That premise sounds really cool! I'm currently working on a new adult retelling of the changeling myth (81K), and I'd be interested in swapping for similar plot/pacing/character critiques :)
Seth sevdiryn sevdiryn telir, i seth israfyn israfyn.

Offline hesterL

Re: Seeking beta reader/critique partner--will swap!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 08:38:39 AM »
Hey Astlel!  Your book sounds awesome--I'd love to swap!  (Sorry for not getting back to you sooner--I haven't logged onto QT in a few days--holiday crunch time! :)).  I'll send you a message with my e-mail addy, and thanks so much for your beta offer!!  :)