QueryTracker Community
June 28, 2017, 03:48:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking beta reader/critique partner--will swap!  (Read 1298 times)
hesterL

« on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:52 AM »

Hi everyone!

I recently finished a YA suspense novel with feminist themes--currently, I'm looking for a beta reader (or readers!) so I can polish it up before sending it off to my agent.  It's around 52,000 words long, and (in brief) it's about a trio of girls who form their own church in response to a bunch of incidents in their small town.  I think the writing is fairly clean, so what I'm primarily looking for is someone who can spot plot holes, places where the pacing lags, etc. 

I'd be glad to do a swap, if that works!  I read a lot of YA (mostly contemporary or thriller-ish), but I also have a soft spot for horror and historical (YA or adult).  If anyone's interested, please let me know, and thank you so much!!

hester
Astlel

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 12:54:50 PM »

That premise sounds really cool! I'm currently working on a new adult retelling of the changeling myth (81K), and I'd be interested in swapping for similar plot/pacing/character critiques Smiley

Seth sevdiryn sevdiryn telir, i seth israfyn israfyn.
hesterL

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 08:38:39 AM »

Hey Astlel!  Your book sounds awesome--I'd love to swap!  (Sorry for not getting back to you sooner--I haven't logged onto QT in a few days--holiday crunch time! Smiley).  I'll send you a message with my e-mail addy, and thanks so much for your beta offer!!  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: