QueryTracker Community
July 20, 2018, 01:38:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Previewing Comment on Post  (Read 5315 times)
GoldyGirl

Without darkness, there is no light.

« on: January 11, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »

Hey Patrick.

So, I like to preview before I post a comment on someone's thread. Especially when I've done an edit and used all those confusing boxes, lines, ect. However, when I click to preview I can never see my whole post. Usually it's just the first line I typed. And it never fails, I always have to go back and make edits to my post. Is it just me or is that how it is?

I love this site, btw. You've done an amazing job. I don't mean to be a complainer. embarrassed2

hmm    "We all die. The goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will." -Chuck Palahniuk
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »

Unfortunately, I didn't write the forum software. It's off the rack. So it does have a few bugs I can't do much about, which is probably what you found.

There has been an upgrade released, I just haven't found the time to install it. I'm a little worried it might wipe out all the posts, so I've been hesitant to do it.

You can try using a different browser. Sometimes that helps.
GoldyGirl

Without darkness, there is no light.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 03:26:12 PM »

Alright, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip!

hmm    "We all die. The goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will." -Chuck Palahniuk
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »

Alright, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip!

When I first joined, I used Internet Explorer and I could preview just fine. Then I went with Chrome and the preview would be just like you described. For a while, I would switch to IE while critiquing here, but then in recent time, even IE won't allow for a preview. It's possible the lack of preview ability even with IE could be related to the recent change Patrick made to a different server.

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »

There has been an upgrade released, I just haven't found the time to install it. I'm a little worried it might wipe out all the posts, so I've been hesitant to do it.

Oh, man. It would be terrible to lose all the posts. I still mine the old posts for tips and whatnot, and so do tons of people, so that would be a tragedy. faint

On the previewing posts, it used to work with Internet Explorer but not with Chrome. Now I can't get preview to work with IE, and that might have started when you switched servers.

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »

It's probably because the technology of the browsers is moving past the older technology of the forum. I bet if you were using a really old version of IE it would work.
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 05:28:50 PM »

It's probably because the technology of the browsers is moving past the older technology of the forum. I bet if you were using a really old version of IE it would work.

I haven't ran any updates for IE or Windows since before the new QT server, so the IE version I have should still work for previewing. Just an FYI. The only thing that's changed in my internet world in recent time is the QT server. Oh, well. I just edit my posts after posting if I notice a typo or want to clarify/add thoughts.

Munley
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 09:53:10 AM »

Microsoft has stopped supporting Internet Explorer and replaced it with the new EDGE browser that comes with the Windows 10 upgrade.

When I tried using Edge, I could view only one line at a time when previewing my posts on QueryTracker. You can scroll down line-by-line, but that is not very desirable when you want to look at paragraphs.

I continue to use the Firefox Browser,  Thumbs Up and that works fine. You can see your entire post on a preview.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: