Author Topic: On Submission!  (Read 13344 times)

Offline LeoniePDX

Re: On Submission!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 02:56:11 PM »
Oh - and to answer your question about how I'm getting my mind off sub? I'm storyboarding a new book and I go for loooong runs whenever I can. The first week of sub I tried to make a "felted animal" to give me something to do w all my nervous energy but I'm not a crafty person so it isn't looking so hot.

Offline VWrites

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 03:24:58 PM »
Hi LeoniePDX!!

Congratulations on being on sub! I'm at a little over two months. I had one VERY close call, but...  :) It's so tough, the long waiting. Ugh! And we should definitely figure out a name!

That's awesome you started another project! I did too, taking the advice from someone here who suggested giving myself deadlines. So far, it's working, thankfully! Oh, long runs! Yes, me too! I actually decided in December that it was the perfect time to get rid of my writer weight while waiting for news. One thing I can say about the process is that it's helping me get healthy again. ;) A felted animal sounds fun, haha! I have zero talent in that department, and so if I attempted something like that, I doubt it would look how it's supposed to.

Good luck out there, and keep me updated! My update: four passes. But I'm still completely optimistic!

Offline barnesCh

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 08:48:34 PM »
My manuscript (a children's picture book) is on sub now. It is a nerve-wracking experience in some ways. My agent is very nice, and she makes a spreadsheet available so I can see where things stand. Sometimes if we get feedback, she'll post that too. (She's probably sparing my fragile ego by not adding some of the comments-ha!) I got a comment the other day that is was a "different read." I suppose that is better than "WTF?"

I keep thinking that my agent's going to hit the bottom of her list and we'll have to backburner this manuscript and try another one, but she is constantly updating her contacts list, and we continue with this one. I try not to bother her too much. I'm not too needy on the contact because I can go online and review the list.

The best advice I can give is to continue working on new projects. It will make you feel much better than sitting around obsessively checking the spreadsheet. Good luck to you.

Offline mgmystery

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 07:46:34 AM »
No advice from me as I have no experience in your arena... but congrats to all of you who are on sub!!! :clap: