QueryTracker Community
September 18, 2018, 05:10:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Synopsis examples I found helpful  (Read 2900 times)
Munley
« on: February 11, 2017, 09:59:01 AM »

These synopses are all describing the plots of films, but they are still helpful.

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/synopsis-writing

After reading these examples, which cover various genres, I cut my synopses in half (was up to 1000 words).

What was most helpful for me was seeing where details could be cut, keeping in mind that the point of a synopsis is to show that you've written a story that holds together, with some logical development, and has an ending that makes sense. It also includes the arc of the main character.

While some agents may want a longer synopsis, these keep to 500 words (one single-spaced typed page).
Munley

Mr. Fluff -- from the SPCA

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:40:21 AM »

Bumping this thread up to see if it might be helpful to some more recent synopsis writers.
alislove

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »

Thanks for posting this.  clap I'm staggering through this process now.
Munley

Mr. Fluff -- from the SPCA

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 04:33:30 AM »

Back to the drawing board on writing a synopsis.

The one I have already written was composed with Lucie as the protagonist. Now querying with Antoine, a kid, as the protagonist in an adult literary crime novel. Having better luck with my query, but sooner or later, some cruel agent will expect a synopsis.

Time to review these examples. Alas.
Pineapplejuice

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 07:03:50 AM »

Thanks or posting this. I am writing a synopsis and was looking or examples.  wink2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: