QueryTracker Community
September 24, 2018, 04:12:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Case of the Disappearing Agent  (Read 658 times)
atwhatcost

« on: January 02, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »

I created my list to query agents a while ago using QT, and am now going down the list to query. But one of the agents has disappeared from QT. She's still there. She's still accepting queries. And, no, she hasn't rejected my query. (I had to check.  embarrassed)

Why do agencies and agents disappear from QT, if they aren't closed for submissions?
Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:30:02 AM »

Sometimes it can be because they lose their QT status. Meaning all the agents on QT are vetted. If they do something shady, they don't show up on QT.

But maybe Patrick will weigh in.

Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website
Munley

Mr. Fluff -- from the SPCA

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 12:40:46 PM »

You might want to post this question on the forum that says

QT Main Site Support

That's where I typically post questions or problem related to anything involving the querying databases or tracking on the main site.

Patrick is usually pretty quick about responding to posts in that forum section. He could tell your whether the agent's name is missing due to an error or it was deliberately removed because the agent no longer qualified for a QueryTracker listing for some reason. It wouldn't necessarily be a shady-practice reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: