QueryTracker Community
September 21, 2017, 07:42:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communications during subs  (Read 1224 times)
Spat

« on: March 30, 2017, 12:56:39 PM »

How often do agents communicate/keep in touch during subs?
Tabris

I rock!

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »

It depends on the agent. Ask your agent how often you two should keep in touch and under what circumstances you each want to hear from the other. That way both of you have the same expectations, and you can advocate for communicating at a level you like.

Come visit my weblog!
alexatd

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 04:14:26 PM »

I request that any response be shared with me when it comes in, so that type of communication is sporadic/depends on when responses roll in. However, I know some writers ask their agent to compile any/all responses into a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly check-in.

Generally, I try to check-in with my agent every two weeks or so, if I've not heard from her. I don't do it in a "wondering if you're heard anything" kind of way because if she had, I would know. But I let her know how I'm doing/what I'm working on, i.e. "making great progress on the WIP, hope to have it to you by X date." Just as often as I initiate a check-in, she does. So essentially it's rare that I would go more than 3-4 weeks and not hear from my agent. She's a good communicator and so I am, so that's our norm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: