Author Topic: SoCal Writers Conference San Diego  (Read 2470 times)

Offline yesmsg

• Southern California Writers Conference
SoCal Writers Conference San Diego
« on: January 02, 2009, 08:33:59 PM »
The 23rd Annual Southern California Writers' Conference *San Diego takes place Presidents’ Day Weekend, Feb. 13-16, 2009. Featuring dozens of interactive troubleshooting and read & critique workshops, nearly $4 million worth of book and screen deals have been signed as a result of material and contacts nurtured at the SCWC. 

With at least four tiers of fiction, nonfiction, business & alternative press sessions running concurrently throughout the holiday weekend, and late-night read & critique workshops often running into the early-morning hours, this year we also introduce a special Writing Crime track that specifically addresses key issues that routinely undermine the verisimilitude required to successfully write about crime and criminal law enforcement. Be it in fiction or nonfiction, depicting the act itself or the empirical perspectives of law enforcement responding to it, this new track is designed to empower authors on a number of levels. 

For complete information, visit www.WritersConference.com or call (619) 303-8185.  An early registration discount is currently available, as well as advance submission of manuscript pages to agents and editors ACTIVELY seeking new authors.

--msg
www.WritersConference.com
Southern California Writers' Conference
*San Diego [Feb. 13-16, 2009]
*Los Angeles [Sept. 25-27, 2009]
*Palm Springs [On Hiatus]
"A writer is a writer before, as well as after, publication."

Offline raballard

• ever feel like you are chasing the roadrunner?
Re: SoCal Writers Conference San Diego
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:19:54 AM »
I see all these great conferences in SOCAL, I just wish I had thought about writing when I still lived in San Diego. BOO_HOOO
www.raballard-mymind.blogspot.com/
May your life be full of sunshine, even when your skies are gray.
May you find the strength to go on when you think you lost your way

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
Re: SoCal Writers Conference San Diego
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
Don't worry, raballard. St. Louis is going to put on a rocking conference (tons of big names) in 2010. So we just have to wait... :sad:
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com