QueryTracker Community
November 19, 2017, 03:09:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nudge question  (Read 654 times)
gushags16

« on: April 17, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »

I have a full out with an agent who, in an interview, said he tries to get back on requested manuscripts in 3-4 weeks. I haven't heard back yet and it's been about 3 months. Normally I don't think that would be a big deal, but he's since responded to two other requested fulls after mine on the QT timeline. Is this a situation where I should nudge, or continue to wait? I guess I'm worried that he somehow didn't get my manuscript.
Spat

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 12:20:56 PM »

I think it's fine to politely nudge. Especially if he mentioned in email or on his website that he responds within a month. If this info isn't there, then mention the interview and you're just making sure that he received it/could offer an update and thank him. But also keep in mind that sometimes agents read out of order or have been on vacation or whatever. Sometimes, they also tweet that they're caught up to whatever date of subs. So, it's possible that yours was misplaced.

I typically don't nudge unless they specifically say nudge if you haven't heard back in X amount of time, or if I have an offer.
Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »

I think nudging is okay, and everyone should do it if it comes down to it, but I think 3 months is a little short for a full.

I'd give him at least 4 months, then send him a nudge.

Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website
gushags16

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 03:29:51 PM »

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I will probably wait.
sonicsista

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »

I just politely nudged an agent who'd had my full for 3.5 months, after they said they'd be back to me in 6-8 weeks. I also saw nearly everyone except me had been responded to on the query line up to a month or two later. I got a very nice, quick response saying my ms was still on the radar and in fact next in the pile, so should hear next week or so. Feel slightly better (I think?)
mgmystery

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 07:34:36 AM »

I've noticed a lot of agents taking much longer to respond to fulls & partials than listed in interviews. I think they have different reasons for going out of order too (offers of rep or contest requests). Congratulations & good luck to both of you! I hope you get good news soon  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: