QueryTracker Community
November 20, 2017, 07:14:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOIR: WHITE RUSSIAN (Adult Thriller) Short Synopsis  (Read 2905 times)
BeckKeep

« on: May 13, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »

I'm internally screaming. Hoping I've done this correctly, but I could really use some feedback. I'm also wondering if it would be better just to keep to a short synopsis or also make a longer version? All the agents I've ran across requesting a synopsis seem to prefer the shorter ones, but that's my own observations. Anyway, please let me know if this sounds cohesive.

---

MORRIS (25) is a shut-in accountant with a fear of the dark. Rumors spread of shadow creatures, noir, committing violent crimes across 1950s Detroit, terrifying the population. It's only when Morris' friend CHARLIE (32) drags him out of his comfort zone does he realize the blatant misinformation he's been fed all these years.

The introduction to noir doesn't start well when the two stumble upon a murder, with associate BOYER (35) as the sole witness. Boyer claims the deed was committed by a noir serial killer. Though he wants nothing to do with such a grisly affair, Morris changes his tune when he learns the next mark is one of his acquaintances.

When the corrupt law enforcement refuses to help, the trio wrangle help, including journalist SAMANTHA (27) and a stoic noir named WALTER (30). After a dangerous encounter with the would-be murderer, the group save Morris' acquaintance and put a stop to the serial killer. Morris realizes after working with Walter that most noir are misjudged and victims of violence themselves, and he grows more accepting of him and noir as a whole.

Presuming the problem solved, Morris goes back to his daily routine until he's visited by the shadow kingpin of Detroit, PEN (27). The noir warns Morris to keep out of his business, revealing the serial killer one of his "employees." Fully intending to follow directions, it's only when Morris' friends publish a damning scoop involving Pen and the crooked cops does the situation turn bloody.

Angered by the blatant abuse of power towards those he cares about, from drive-by shootings to arson, Morris plots to take down the criminal organization for good. He sneaks into Pen's hideout only to be captured and held hostage. His friends work together and storm Pen's club, facing off against the kingpin himself to save Morris. Through their teamwork and Morris' quick thinking, they defeat Pen and take down the corruption from within.

PHCrockett

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »

Seems cohesive to me, although I don't know if you really need to include your characters' ages.  I don't know if this is true across the board, but I've heard at least one agent say they're not especially concerned about a synopsis being perfect, as long as it's an accurate overview of the story.

If it were me, I'd probably hold off on writing a longer synopsis until I actually needed it. In my limited experience, most agents don't even require a synopsis, and most of the ones that do just want short ones.
JohnPansini

just me.jpg

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 09:03:36 PM »

I agree with PHC, it is well laid out and the shorter the better.

Want a laugh, my spy thriller is entitled, BLACK RUSSIAN.

Good luck,
JP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: