Author Topic: Query for "Robbing The Cradle"  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Noctleigh

• Finding myself one letter at a time
    • My writerscafe profile
Query for "Robbing The Cradle"
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »
Dear Mr. Rick Pope,

I want to tell you about my debut novel, ROBBING THE CRADLE, about a post-menopausal woman who falls in love with a high school senior. The story is actually based on my mother, but that's our little secret.

In my novel, Sister Lindsay Lohan(not associated with the actress(although if we're talking movie rights, she could step in)) has lived in a convent her entire life. She is ex-communed and sent into the real world, where she meets Brad Pitt(also, not associated with the actor) on the DDR machine, where she tears his high score a new one. They instantly fall in love, but have a difficult time explaining it to his parents. It's filled with romanctic, heart-felt moments that make the reader just want to turn the next page.

I was reading your agencies bios, and knew that this agency was the one for me. After being rejected by all of the partners, their assistants, their own mothers, and their dogs, I know you will be the one to get me in. Just think of the fun we'll have laughing at them when we make our millions, and they're only partner.

Speaking of which, you've been there longer than most of the partners have. What's up with that? There's nothing wrong with keeping your options open, but come on man. Your wife must be the bread-winner.

Thank you so much for considering this future best-seller. The rough draft is about half finished, so you can see any part of that you want. The reason I'm querying so early is because I don't want to spend a year on this if nobody wants to buy it. But I'm sure they will, so you'll be wise to sign me!

Love, Luck, and Lollipops,
          Matthew Noctleigh, writer extrodinaire

Offline aaronbstarr

Re: Query for "Robbing The Cradle"
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:50:00 AM »
How awesome.  How very, very awesome.

Funny in ways that would have never occurred to me.  A great title, too!