QueryTracker Community
November 20, 2017, 11:02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sub Updates?  (Read 23351 times)
Silence18

« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2016, 03:50:21 PM »

Congratulations!!!!!  Party Guy

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is like the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. ~ Mark Twain

www.leandrajwallace.blogspot.com
AlythiaB

« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2016, 09:27:25 AM »

Okay, I can finally announce the news!

I've signed a 2-book deal with Disney-Hyperion. Publication date is sometime in 2018.

Also, in additionally exciting news, my agency, Folio Lit, is going to make my book their lead YA title at the Frankfurt Book Festival at the end of the month. We've already got some foreign editors interested, so there might be more deals to come!

Thanks for your encouragement and support over the years!

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-book-news/article/71660-rights-report-week-of-october-3-2016.html

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com
Marie

« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2016, 12:35:20 PM »

Wow! Congratulations!!
AlythiaB

« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2016, 02:37:46 PM »

Okay, folks! As of last week, I'm officially back out on sub after a decently long period of revisions (we decided to age my characters down and my agent rocks in the editorial department, so we were both being nitpicky, which is ultimately for the best). I'm so excited with the requests so far.  Grin Wish me luck!

www.alyconner.com
otherside

« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2016, 02:39:36 PM »

Okay, folks! As of last week, I'm officially back out on sub after a decently long period of revisions (we decided to age my characters down and my agent rocks in the editorial department, so we were both being nitpicky, which is ultimately for the best). I'm so excited with the requests so far.  Grin Wish me luck!

Best of luck, Alythia!  clap

YA Contemporary; 90k; shelved forever
YA Contemporary; 85k; shelved forever
YA Contemporary; 75k; querying again after breaking up with my agent...
Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »

Good luck!!

Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website
Munley
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »

Good luck to you!

Think I'll go out and buy some Irish Cream for my Les Îles-de-la-Madeleine liqueur glass you see as my QT photo here. I'll toast to your submission efforts and my efforts to finish my WIP. I'm getting very close.

Cheers!
violet

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2016, 01:30:41 AM »

Good luck!!!  clap clap clap

Buy lots of chocolate. And booze if you so imbibe.  wink2

awarwick

« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2016, 12:47:43 PM »

Good luck Alythia!! I hope your hard word paid off  Grin clap
AlythiaB

« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2016, 01:35:44 PM »

Haha! Thanks, everyone!! Totally drinking this holiday season, though that's nothing new... lol

www.alyconner.com
bswb97

« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2016, 05:23:11 PM »

One very minor sub update -- one of my dream editors at Knopf (edited one of my favorite books and similar in that it's a cross-genre book) passed but liked it enough to forward it on to colleagues. I did a spit-take at my computer when my agent told me she'd accepted to read, so I'll take it.

I think that's a good thing. I'm assuming she's not blindly tossing extra work at her co-workers. ;)

Two of my agent sibs have gotten post-Thanksgiving  offers this week, so maybe things aren't totally dead yet. Fingers crossed.
nycgirl

« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »

1. Long story. Technically, early last year, but I got an R&R from an editor which became a rejection 8 months later. Officially re-started the sub process early March 2017.

2. How many editors are still reading? All (10)

3. Has your agent nudged or submitted to new editors? Nudged, but no word.

4. Do you have any nails left? Absolutely not  sad

5. Do you have anything exciting in the works that you can't really talk about? Hehe (Blink once for yes)
I signed on for a fantastic work-for-hire project that I'm excited about. Aside from that, mostly worried about my baby on sub!
AlythiaB

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2017, 12:48:37 PM »

Helllllllooooo!!!! It's been a long time since I checked in, so I thought I'd pop over to this little thread and say hey. I'm working on an R&R for two publishers and digging into my next book (my agent and I are super excited about it, which has actually made it tough to buckle down and complete revisions, but I'm getting it done, little by little).

A little about me... I shifted from remote/freelancing jobs to working as a newspaper journalist and copy editor over a year ago. I friggin' love it. There's something gratifying about getting your work published almost as quickly as you send it to your editor. BUT it went from being a welcome distraction from being on sub to taking over my life. I have been working on this whole 'getting an agent/publishing' thing for over a decade, so I know how to keep keeping on, if you will, but I need a little pick me up.

How do you guys stay on course when kids, life, work, etc etc come first? What's the method to your madness? Me thinks I need a change of pace in regard to my writing routine.

www.alyconner.com
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2017, 05:25:31 PM »

Hello! Nice to see you again. No words of wisdom to offer tonight, just saying hello and congratulations for all of your publishing progress.
dzolidis

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:06 PM »

Nice to hear from you again! It's been a whole year since I announced my deal - (can't believe it's like 3 replies up) - my first book comes out 10/16/18, and I'm writing the second one now.

I think time management is the key? I tried to treat my writing like a job even before I was getting paid for it - I hired babysitters while I was in the house - I found time to get out to a coffee shop - I made deals with my wife about giving me an hour of time where she took care of the kids - (we normally shared things about 50/50) - My kids are 9 and 11 now, so it's easier, but in those first years I had to make my writing time sacred, and that took negotiating with my partner.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: