QueryTracker Community
October 23, 2017, 05:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patrick - How do I record a submission on an online form that goes to all agents  (Read 1124 times)
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« on: July 20, 2017, 06:21:55 AM »

One online form for an agency gives you a choice of whether you want a particular agent to review your submission or any agent there who represents your genre. This seems to be an unusual situation. Most agencies don't welcome simultaneous submissions within their agency.

I thought of doing the multiple-submission choice, since more than one agent there is of interest, but how would I record that?

My guess is marking a submission to all who say they rep my genre, assuming that they are all at least looking at the query.

But is there some other way recording such a submission should be done?

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:27:41 AM »

I'm afraid there's no accurate way to enter that sort of thing, since you never really know who will be reading it. All you can do is assume the agent you want to read it will, and record it under her name.

This is similar to when an agency has multiple agents but only one email address for queries. You don't really know who will read it, but you record it to one specific agent anyway (the one that got your attention). There's not much else you can do.
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:14:09 AM »

Ok, thanks. That's good enough for me.

I try to follow whatever your recording procedures are. I'm getting a lot of benefit by looking at an agent's various reports QT compiles based on other writers having recorded queries, submissions, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: