QueryTracker Community
November 19, 2018, 05:55:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to handle agent wanting multiple picture books in query  (Read 1165 times)
Feywriter

« on: August 01, 2017, 10:23:24 AM »

I am looking to query my picture book to Kari Sutherland at Bradford Literary Agency. The guidelines for picture books are:
Picture book submissions should include a short query along with the entire manuscript in the body of email. Feel free to send 2-3 picture book submissions at one time (within the body of the email).

I'm trying to figure out how to interpret that. Does that mean I write one query that mentions multiple picture books, or a separate query for each, but in one email? Or one query for my main PB, with a short mention of "also including Title 2 and Title 3"? Has anyone dealt with this before?
Falthor

Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:35:58 AM »

a query and the entirety of the book for each book all in one e-mail.

“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Feywriter

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »

Thanks. Smiley
Munley

Mr. Fluff -- from the SPCA

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 04:41:42 AM »

Sounds to me like an invitation to include more than one manuscript (up to 3 manuscripts) with one query letter. But they're not requiring you to send more than one manuscript.
Voxeterna1

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 12:42:47 PM »

I'm in the process of querying a picture book for the first time and I've run into this type of thing on other agencies websites. It was on of the things preventing me from taking the plunge and sending my first query out so I'm grateful to you for asking this question. I would not have guessed that it was three queries within the body of the email, but that seems to be the consensus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: