QueryTracker Community
August 23, 2017, 07:09:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking beta reader for YA contemporary/coming of age--will gladly swap!  (Read 215 times)
hesterL

« on: August 10, 2017, 09:27:32 AM »

Hello fellow QTers!  I was lucky enough to find a terrific beta on this board, and I'm trying my luck again Smiley (Different WIP this time round!)  The basics--the MC is struggling to cope with a lot of challenges in her personal life (mom's gotten in trouble for insurance fraud, boss is sexually harassing her) so she goes on a road trip to find the man she thinks might be her father.  On the way, she has a lot of experiences that transform her self-image and give her hope for the future (it sounds a bit hokey when I put it like this, but hopefully that's not how it reads!)

Please let me know if you're interested, and I'd be happy to do a swap!  I write YA, and with regard to the genres within that category, I love mystery/thriller, horror and contemporary.  I'm not as strong on fantasy, but I'd be glad to give it a try!

Thank you so much in advance!!
mgmystery

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 02:06:56 PM »

I'm a bit behind at the moment, but if you're still interested in a couple of weeks, I could swap. I write MG, but many of my CPs write YA, so I've seen plenty. Would you mind looking at a MG mystery?
dtam3292

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »

I would also definitely be interested! I write contemporary/somewhat literary YA (I've had preliminary readers and am currently querying the book, but the more eyes, the better)
hesterL

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 09:37:30 AM »

mgmystery and dtam, thank you both so much for replying!!!

mg, I'd be happy to look at a MG mystery!   A couple of weeks from now would be perfect--I'm actually doing a couple of other beta-swaps at the moment, so the timing works well! Smiley

dtam, I'd love to do a swap--like I said to mgmystery, I'm actually doing a couple of other swaps at the moment, so if you don't mind waiting a few weeks, we could take it from there!

Once again, thank you both so much--looking forward to it!!

dtam3292

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 03:02:52 PM »

I'm totally fine with waiting; just let me know when!
mgmystery

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:41:02 AM »

Great! PM me when you're ready.
hesterL

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »

Thank you both so much again!!  Smiley You'll be hearing from me shortly!!  Thumbs Up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: