Author Topic: Seeking beta reader for YA contemporary/coming of age--will gladly swap!  (Read 5090 times)

Offline hesterL

Hello fellow QTers!  I was lucky enough to find a terrific beta on this board, and I'm trying my luck again :) (Different WIP this time round!)  The basics--the MC is struggling to cope with a lot of challenges in her personal life (mom's gotten in trouble for insurance fraud, boss is sexually harassing her) so she goes on a road trip to find the man she thinks might be her father.  On the way, she has a lot of experiences that transform her self-image and give her hope for the future (it sounds a bit hokey when I put it like this, but hopefully that's not how it reads!)

Please let me know if you're interested, and I'd be happy to do a swap!  I write YA, and with regard to the genres within that category, I love mystery/thriller, horror and contemporary.  I'm not as strong on fantasy, but I'd be glad to give it a try!

Thank you so much in advance!!

Offline mgmystery

I'm a bit behind at the moment, but if you're still interested in a couple of weeks, I could swap. I write MG, but many of my CPs write YA, so I've seen plenty. Would you mind looking at a MG mystery?

Offline dtam3292

I would also definitely be interested! I write contemporary/somewhat literary YA (I've had preliminary readers and am currently querying the book, but the more eyes, the better)

Offline hesterL

mgmystery and dtam, thank you both so much for replying!!!

mg, I'd be happy to look at a MG mystery!   A couple of weeks from now would be perfect--I'm actually doing a couple of other beta-swaps at the moment, so the timing works well! :)

dtam, I'd love to do a swap--like I said to mgmystery, I'm actually doing a couple of other swaps at the moment, so if you don't mind waiting a few weeks, we could take it from there!

Once again, thank you both so much--looking forward to it!!

Offline dtam3292

I'm totally fine with waiting; just let me know when!

Offline mgmystery

Great! PM me when you're ready.

Offline hesterL

Thank you both so much again!!  :) You'll be hearing from me shortly!!  :up:

Offline weestro

Re: Seeking beta reader for YA contemporary/coming of age--will gladly swap!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 07:20:57 AM »
I too would love to swap with anyone willing. I have a contemporary YA and a contemporary MG.

Offline sm_davidson

Re: Seeking beta reader for YA contemporary/coming of age--will gladly swap!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 08:34:42 AM »
Good morning everyone.

I am writing a YA fantasy/ coming of age. I would love to start a critique group or swap!

Offline Jackskellington

I'm interested in a swap. I am writing an mg horror series geared toward boys.