QueryTracker Community
December 19, 2018, 04:08:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Synopsis - The Patriot's Warning  (Read 1581 times)
Carladet

« on: August 25, 2017, 03:17:26 AM »

Political talk show host SIERRA NICOLE watches frightened families waiting in the processing line. They only have one more day to get their household IDs before the mandatory quarantine. Without it, they won’t receive food and medicine. Thousands will soon go to bed hungry, but she won’t be doing without. She knows the country will suffer because of her cowardice and prays for forgiveness.

The year before: A caller claims to have proof of a plot, orchestrated in part by PRESIDENT KIMBER. He asserts that under the guise of vaccinations, illegal immigrants will be infected with smallpox and dispersed across the country. Once the disease spreads and the public realizes they aren’t immune, pandemonium will set in, martial law will be declared, and the President and his cronies will begin their takeover. Sierra, a sycophant for the President, considers the man a lunatic until she witnesses his assassination and men threaten to harm her family if she talks. She can’t warn her audience without proof and refuses to risk the lives of her loved ones without it. Confused and afraid, she heeds the dead man’s warnings and leaves The Sierra Nicole Show to prepare for surviving in the world he described. Sierra learns the art of “prepping” and is fortunate to have the resources to transform her home into a veritable fortress.

She’s introduced to CHRIS, a former special agent, and learns he was an associate of the murdered informant and knows more about the President’s plans. Chris reminds her that the world will be a dangerous place, even more so for those who oppose the administration. He insists she continue to play the part of a loyalist to protect herself and family.

Sierra’s sister and brother-in-law flee with Chris when they’re betrayed and listed as enemies of the state. Sierra takes in her twin nieces and her nephew. Later, she learns that Chris and the kids’ parents belong to a militia trying to stop the President. She names their group THE PATRIOTS, a tribute to the dead informant.

Sierra lives miles from the nearest town and watches the devastation on television. As Chris warned, cities lay in ruin, and food, fuel, and medicine are in short supply. Martial law, home searches, confiscations, and arrests over free speech and hoarding become the norm.

With her secret cellar full of supplies, Sierra and the children fare better than most, but the chaos soon spills out from the city and comes to her little community. She risks her life to protect her neighbors from the government—and its desperate citizens. Patrols begin stealing supplies to sell on the black market, and her friends need food, medicine, and protection. If the contents of her basement are discovered, she’ll be arrested. But she won’t allow her neighbors to go without, and anonymously makes deliveries to them. As the constant turmoil, frequent power outages, and the threat of prison take their toll, she vows to make President Kimber pay.

Thanks to Chris and the Patriots, Sierra returns to television armed with the once-lost evidence and exposes the evil, and everyone involved. She questions the humanity of her fellow-man—and herself. How could so many have forsaken their neighbors? How could they ever be trusted again? Who was she to judge? She didn’t have to confront the dark side of her soul. As she weeps for those lost and labors with how she and the nation reacted to the onslaught, Chris eases out of the shadows, stands at attention, and salutes her before slipping out the exit. After all, he still has work to do.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:00:54 PM by Carladet » Logged
JohnPansini

just me.jpg

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 07:47:55 PM »

This sounds like a really interesting political thriller. You mix tenses in the first paragraph. Be careful. Maybe you should keep to present tense throughout. If I remember correctly, that's how synopsis and queries are written.

I don't think the title does justice to the concept. Good luck,
JP     
Carladet

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 07:50:01 PM »

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Can I return the favor? clap clap
Carladet

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 07:53:52 PM »

This sounds like a really interesting political thriller. You mix tenses in the first paragraph. Be careful. Maybe you should keep to present tense throughout. If I remember correctly, that's how synopsis and queries are written.

I don't think the title does justice to the concept. Good luck,
JP     
Drats! I had the old version up!
JohnPansini

just me.jpg

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 08:56:21 PM »

Since we're both into thrillers -- you political, me spy -- you might like to take a look at my synopsis: https://querytracker.net/forum/index.php?topic=22248.0  It' still a work in progress.

BTW: Sierra as media host is so TODAY. I like that.

Good luck to both of us.

JP

P.S. My book is based on my real life experience as a target for GRU recruitment in the 1980s; hence Mikhail's American recruit is named John Pansini. 
Carladet

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 12:59:31 PM »

Political talk show host SIERRA NICOLE watches frightened families waiting in the processing line to get their household IDs before the mandatory quarantine. They only have one more day, and without it, they won’t receive food or medicine. Thousands will soon go to bed hungry, but she won’t be doing without with her cellar full of supplies. Sierra knows the country will suffer because of her cowardice and prays for forgiveness.
One year earlier: A caller claims to have proof of a plot, orchestrated in part by PRESIDENT KIMBER and his senior advisor, ELIZABETH CORDELE. He asserts that under the guise of vaccinations, illegal immigrants will be infected with smallpox and relocated across the country. Once the disease spreads and the public realizes they aren’t immune, pandemonium will set in, martial law will be declared, and the President and his cronies will begin their takeover. Sierra, a sycophant for the President, considers the caller a lunatic until she witnesses his assassination and men threaten to harm her family if she talks about what she may have been told. She can’t warn her audience without proof and refuses to risk the lives of her loved ones without it. Confused and afraid, she heeds the dead man’s warnings, leaves her show, and prepares for survival in the world he predicted. While her home is transformed into a veritable fortress, she’s tortured by guilt and worries for her countrymen.
Her brother-in-law introduces her to CHRIS, a former special agent, and she learns he was an associate of the murdered informant. Chris knows more about the President’s plans and reminds her that the world will be a dangerous place, even more so for those who oppose the administration. He insists she continue to play the part of a loyalist to protect herself and family.
Sierra’s sister and brother-in-law flee with Chris when they’re betrayed and listed as enemies of the state. Sierra takes in her twin nieces and her nephew. Later, she learns that Chris and the kids’ parents belong to a militia trying to stop the President. She names their group THE PATRIOTS, a tribute to the dead informant.
Sierra lives miles from the nearest town and watches the devastation on television. As Chris had warned, cities lie in ruin, and food, fuel, and medicine are in short supply. Martial law, home searches, confiscations, and arrests over free speech and hoarding becomes the norm.

With her secret cellar full of supplies, Sierra and the children fare better than most, but patrols begin stealing supplies to sell on the black market, and her friends need food, medicine, and protection. Soon, the chaos soon spills out from the city and comes to her little community. If the patrols find out she’s storing an arsenal for the Patriots, she’ll be named an enemy of the state. Still, she risks everything to protect her neighborhood from the government—and its desperate citizens by making anonymous deliveries. The constant turmoil, frequent power outages, and the threat of prison take their toll, and she vows to make President Kimber pay.
Sierra finds out Chris has recovered the proof and that he is the Patriot, the caller she thought was assassinated. She returns to television armed with the once-lost evidence and prays the show isn’t shut down. Chris holds his phone in the air and waves Sierra over moments before the show begins. She joins him as he makes his long-awaited phone call. He tells the President to make sure he and his friends watch The Sierra Nicole Show.
The presumed dead Secretary of State is introduced to her stunned crew and her audience. He’d been part of the plan but changed his mind when he realized they were going to deliberately spread smallpox. Elizabeth Cordele had ordered his execution, but his body was never found. He’d been working with the Patriot’s to expose the President.
As the evidence plays, exposing the evil and everyone involved, The President and Elizabeth Cordele watch. There’s a knock on the door and the vice President enters with two agents. The president asks to collect his things and opens a desk drawer. Before he can put the pistol to his head and pull the trigger, a shot rings out, and blood spills from his shoulder. The vice President tells Kimber he won’t be getting off so easy.
Sierra sits at her desk and scans the faces of the crew. Some cry out in relief, while others are obviously nervous about the truth being exposed. She wonders how many people they hurt to save themselves. Sierra questions the humanity of her fellow-man—and herself. How could so many have forsaken their neighbors and how could they ever be trusted again? As she weeps for those lost and struggles to reconcile how she and the nation reacted to the onslaught, Chris eases out of the shadows, stands at attention, and salutes her courage before slipping out the studio exit. After all, he still has work to do.
newtothis22

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 10:45:11 PM »

I like your title and the book sounds interesting. Can't wait to read it. The end of the second synopsis doesn't seem to flow as smoothly as the rest. Maybe too much info. I'm no expert but hope that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: