QueryTracker Community
September 20, 2017, 10:25:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: every query above and below me either rejected or asked for full  (Read 298 times)
deutschlandchick

« on: September 08, 2017, 05:20:18 PM »

So, in one case, every query around mine was either rejected or material requested...BUT NOT MINE!!! What gives? lol
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »

If you're referring to the agent's timeline on the main QT site, I remember the training video for this feature suggesting that the situation you described could be an indication that your query was not received, and you might want to check on that.
deutschlandchick

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »

how would I check this? they didn't send a confirmation email...it has been 4 days...
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 11:36:51 AM »

4 days is not a long time not to hear.

You can look in the status window where you noted you had sent your query to see the average time it takes the agent to request the manuscript and how long it typically takes before an agent sends a reject notice.
gckatz

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »

Situations like this are why I recommend not using the QT tools.

Rachael846

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 11:50:22 AM »

I know of several agents who set queries aside that are maybes that they want to look at again later. My own query to the agent I signed with looked like what you described, but still ended up being a full request.

Of course it could be lost, but four days is definitely too soon to worry.
Tabris

I rock!

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 01:04:12 PM »

To me that sounds like it's in the "look again" pile. Some agents may have interns screening for them with the power to request and the power to reject, but in cases where they aren't sure, they refer back to the agent. Alternatively it could be that Agent A is mulling over referring it to Agent B in the same agency. But I'd wait longer than four days before panicking. :-)

Come visit my weblog!
deutschlandchick

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »

Thank all of you for your nice answers!! yes...still waiting...lol..hahahhaha...oh man! the nerves! hahaha Smiley
mgmystery

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 07:32:19 AM »

QT comments often tell you whether an agent usually sends an auto confirm. Also, I\it's a good idea to make sure your spam filter isn't set to something picky. Agents suggest confirmations sometimes look like spam and bounce back--meaning they have your query but can't let you know.
deutschlandchick

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »

makes sense! thank you! Smiley
writersnook

« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 03:48:15 PM »

I'm in the same boat. I wonder how likely is it that a query doesn't go through (do agents inboxes sometimes filter our emails to a spam folder) or if it is possible they read it but skipped it or maybe they forward the query on to a different agent in their agency? I've been skipped a few times now by different agents, but giving it more time to see if maybe I hear from them. For most of the agents though, they respond one way or another within a day or two, so I'm not sure if I'll hear from them if it's been more than that.
deutschlandchick

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 04:00:40 PM »

we are sharing the same pain! lol it's so interesting because in one particular case the agent filled some more in today....some above me and some below me...maybe it's still coming....arggg....of course I want a full or partial request, but I also just want to know....lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: