QueryTracker Community
September 20, 2017, 10:23:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 truths and 1 lie  (Read 266 times)
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »

For me, here are my truths and lie:

#1 -  When I was a kid, Lyndon Johnson stepped on my foot. True.

#2 -   I plowed snow in Maine for nearly 10 years.   True.

#3 -   The first short story I ever got published was a vampire story.   wink2

My two truths and one lie....

1. I have one green eye and one blue one. Lie.

2. Roger Moore officiated my wedding. True. It just wasn't the Roger Moore.

Sly, 007, very sly.

3. My memory of life begins when I was about one month old. True. I was on my back and there were people at the foot my crib. I couldn't see their faces because something was covering them. When I was older, I learned my strange memory was of firemen wearing oxygen masks as they evacuated the building my family was living in because of smoke/fire (not in our apartment). I have other memories of being an infant, but that's the first.  [/color]

Interesting.

for me #2 was a lie. 

. . .  my Writing, a short story called "What A Loser" and a Poem about being on Vacation with my family were both used in a textbook for the Southern Ontario region to help teach creative writing.  i think it's still in print  :-)

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'll play:

1. I was a professional fire spinner.

2. I was a professional stripper.

3. I was a professional aerial performer. [My guess is that #3 is the lie.]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:50:07 PM by Munley » Logged
slightlysmall

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »

Koji, I'll guess #1 is the lie. The other two have more interrelated skill sets. Smiley

Here's mine:

1) I was a level 10 gymnast
2) I've been to more countries than I have U.S. states
3) When I was in high school, I won a karaoke contest hosted by ZoeGirl, a Christian girl group

I feel confident #2 is false.

Your confidence is misplaced. Smiley I've been to 9 states and 13 countries, and only made it to level 6 in gymnastics.

007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »

I'll play:

1. I was a professional fire spinner.

2. I was a professional stripper.

3. I was a professional aerial performer.

Hmm. I'm going to guess #3 is false because the other two have you close to the ground in comparison and a fear of heights is somewhat common. If #3 is true, way to go because I could never do that, me being someone who can get a bit of vertigo just being on a ladder. Haha

for me #2 was a lie.  i have never been to Japan or the Kodokan.   However, a one week exchange was a normal occurrence when i was actively studying Judo  :-)

The stupid lawsuit rages on in Toronto as the insurance companies for all the parties involved are now suing each other for the final bill, and my Writing, a short story called "What A Loser" and a Poem about being on Vacation with my family were both used in a textbook for the Southern Ontario region to help teach creative writing.  i think it's still in print  :-)

My guess was also based on the fact that I knew the lawsuit wasn't quite over and I thought I remembered seeing here sometime about something of yours (writing) being used in some official way. BTW, I'd love to go to Japan someday. I feel a mix of jealousy/happiness for anyone who's been.  Smiley

For me, here are my truths and lie:

#1 -  When I was a kid, Lyndon Johnson stepped on my foot. True.

#2 -   I plowed snow in Maine for nearly 10 years.   True.

#3 -   The first short story I ever got published was a vampire story.   wink2

Drats! I was going to pick this as your lie, but I liked the idea of a seriously written literary piece that had vampires so much that I wanted it to be true. Haha

Here's mine:

1) I was a level 10 gymnast
2) I've been to more countries than I have U.S. states
3) When I was in high school, I won a karaoke contest hosted by ZoeGirl, a Christian girl group

I feel confident #2 is false.

Your confidence is misplaced. Smiley I've been to 9 states and 13 countries, and only made it to level 6 in gymnastics.

Wow, 13 countries! My guess was because I knew you did gymnastics growing up and I know you are very musical (piano and singing 'cause I've seen the video), and I couldn't recall you mentioning travel except once to Disneyland and maybe Alaska (for some reason) but not to anywhere outside of the U.S.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:07:15 PM by 007 fan » Logged

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
slightlysmall

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 03:47:41 PM »

007, my traveling was all before I had kids. Smiley I went to Haiti in 2002, Mexico in 2000 and 2004, took a trip around Europe (to Germany, Austria, France and Italy) in 2005, went to Canada for the first time in 2008, then went to Europe again in May 2009 (Italy, Switzerland, France, Germany, U.K.), flew home for three weeks and flew back for a Mediterranean cruise with my family (Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt). And my honeymoon in 2011 was to the U.K. as well.

I've only been to Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Florida, Hawaii, Virginia, and Maryland that I remember. I was born in Tennessee and traveled to Georgia sometime before turning 3. Technically, we took a train from Tennessee to Oregon when I was little, and got out in a few places, and I've been to airports in Texas and the Twin Cities, but that's it.

007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 04:57:02 PM »

007, my traveling was all before I had kids. Smiley I went to Haiti in 2002, Mexico in 2000 and 2004, took a trip around Europe (to Germany, Austria, France and Italy) in 2005, went to Canada for the first time in 2008, then went to Europe again in May 2009 (Italy, Switzerland, France, Germany, U.K.), flew home for three weeks and flew back for a Mediterranean cruise with my family (Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt). And my honeymoon in 2011 was to the U.K. as well.

I've only been to Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Florida, Hawaii, Virginia, and Maryland that I remember. I was born in Tennessee and traveled to Georgia sometime before turning 3. Technically, we took a train from Tennessee to Oregon when I was little, and got out in a few places, and I've been to airports in Texas and the Twin Cities, but that's it.

Wow! All places I'd love to see.  Smiley  I've been to maybe 10 states (only lived in two) and just Canada (the southwestern part, but I'd like to see more of it) and thought I was really deprived in my travels, but then when I was last researching agents, I came across one who hasn't been more than 20 miles from where she was born (or grew up) and I was like, oh, there's someone more deprived than me, so I didn't feel so bad.  Grin

P.S. After reading about your honeymoon, I then remembered that I had read that before but forgot.

I'd love to someday live in another country for a whole year so I can experience all the seasons there/what is celebrated/have time to fully explore/etc.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:32:18 PM by 007 fan » Logged

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
koji

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 02:48:06 AM »

007- you caught my lie AND the exact reasoning for it. I did get into a bit of training on the aerial hoop and silks, but never got good enough to make money with it because of the height issue Smiley

To chime in on the living abroad convo- DO IT Smiley If you can ever find the time and a way, moving to a country for an extended time is so different than a vacation and totally worth it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: