QueryTracker Community
December 16, 2018, 01:51:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone clarify these submission guidelines?  (Read 891 times)
mafiaking1936

« on: September 22, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »

Regarding these guidelines:

Please email a query to ---- and put "Query" in the subject line of your email. For queries regarding children's and adult fiction, please send the first twenty pages in the body of your email, along with a one-paragraph bio and a one-paragraph synopsis.

Does the part about "along with a one-paragraph bio and a one-paragraph synopsis" mean in addition to the standard query letter or in place of it? I ask because a one-paragraph synopsis is already ridiculous, but even more so if I've already written a three-paragraph query letter. So maybe I'm not understanding exactly what's required here.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Tabris

I rock!

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »

In place of, not in addition to.

When I had to do a one-paragraph synopsis for someone (is this agent's first initial J perhaps?) I used one sentence to describe Act I, one sentence to describe Act II, and one sentence for Act III.

Come visit my weblog!
mafiaking1936

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 12:47:16 PM »

Thanks! Man that's a tight space to work in. About how many words would you say this one paragraph was?
Drachen

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 03:11:47 PM »

I've always assumed that a "one paragraph synopsis" is just another term for your query letter. I've never had an agent inform me otherwise and I've had requests on those queries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: