QueryTracker Community
October 22, 2017, 03:17:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking Beta Reader for Fun Women's Fiction  (Read 280 times)
WMG0712

« on: October 02, 2017, 02:01:32 PM »

My co-author Collin Parker and I have written a novel, and we're desperately looking for someone with an outside/impartial eye to read it and give us their opinion. We have had copy editors go through it for punctuation, grammar, etc., so we're fine on that front. The issue is that all of our friends and family, of course, think it is the best book ever written, and we'd really like someone to read through it with an eye for plot and characters-- to see if what we wrote makes sense, if the characters are believable, and if the plot works overall. Does that sound like something anyone would be willing to do?

Our book is actually just over 90,000 words. You can also take all the time you need-- we are under NO deadline. We would really like someone to give us an HONEST impression/critique.

And just so you know what you'd be getting into, here's the blurb we wrote for it:

"When Chloe Patrick, the diva/terrorist-in-chief of her high school, meets her untimely demise while hanging Christmas decorations outside her Ohio house, her plans for the Class of 99’s 15-year reunion subsequently land in the laps of best friends Maggie and Rachel. Maggie Dolan is the over-achieving, gung-ho former class president who still lives a mile from the high school. Rachel Atkinson has spent the past fifteen years distancing herself from everything about her teenage life, including the small town she deserted without ever looking back. Told in parallel storylines—one taking place in the glorious 1990s of Backstreet Boys, Varsity Blues, and scrunchies; the other in present day— Good Riddance uses humor and heart to remind us all about the power of friendship, the lure of lost love, and hell of high school. And that sometimes you actually can go home again (even when it’s the last thing you want to do)."

Thanks!
Whitney (and Collin)
drose

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:22 AM »

Hi. I'd be happy to take a look. I'm in the querying stage with my novel now (4 fulls out with lit agents and waiting). Here's a link I posted to my first chapter so you can make sure you like my style:

https://querytracker.net/forum/index.php?topic=21260.0

I hope the link works.

I know you're looking for a beta reader, and I'm happy to do it. Are you also interested in CP? It's rather hard to find a good CP partner for WF. Most of the writers focus on YA of SF/Fantasy. I currently have a WIP I'd love to swap chapters on if you think I'm a good fit.

Let me know what you both think.

regards,
Debbie
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:55:34 AM by drose » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: