QueryTracker Community
April 25, 2018, 03:36:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I keep getting skipped according to QT, is that normal?  (Read 2195 times)
gckatz

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 07:22:36 PM »

1/19 Update: re-sent query with a quick note that I was concerned my 11/14/17 query to her got lost in spam. She replied two hours later, confirming she never received my first query, and she was "so glad" I re-queried her because she'd like to read the full. WIN!

Oh good! Best of luck to your full!

Phaylenn

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 10:46:51 PM »

I'm not a premier member yet but I did query one of my dream agents 92 days ago and just recently read on the comments section of his page on QT that someone sent a query at 1 am and got a rejection 9 hours later.

A lot of stuff that I've read online says to not nudge an agent at all for just a query and to assume that no response is a rejection, but I'm not sure about this one at all.

I kind of want to send an email to update as I did get a R&R from another agent and my word count has gone up by quite a lot in the past three months
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 05:43:17 AM »

Using free ZOHO MAIL (rather than my usual personal email for ms submissions), I created a peach-colored tag for auto-replies acknowledging receipt of my query.  So just looking in my sent-mail list, I can verify at a glance, by that tag, which agents definitely received my query. Auto-replies usually give a time frame for hearing back, so no response beyond that time means no.

Click on the picture file I uploaded below to see how this looks in my SENT folder.
You'll see tags of other colors that tell whether or not my query included pages. Gray = no sample pages, etc.

If the email you use has similar tag options, that tag will put to rest any doubt (for those agents who acknowledged) that they got your submission even though the agent's QT timeline may be showing that most authors who submitted later than you already got requests or rejections.

Personally, I don't even look at the timeline very often. Checking it often would just add stress for me.
In my Zoho Mail, I also move rejections the ARCHIVE FOLDER folder immediately so that my SENT FOLDER contains only pending submissions -- another sanity saver for me.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: