QueryTracker Community
October 22, 2017, 03:19:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defragging without losing my list  (Read 117 times)
atwhatcost

« on: October 12, 2017, 03:22:53 PM »

I started working on my agent list in two years ago, but I was sidetracked for over a year when my hubby had a massive heart attack. Now, I'm querying, but have been postponing "a little problem" for all this time.

I really need to defrag my computer, but I'm terrified if I use CCleaner to defrag, it's also going to clear out my settings on QT.

Now, obviously I can use "defrag" in a sentence, but don't think that means I'm computer literate. That's one of many reasons I'm glad hubby came home. He's also my computer tech. (I also really like him and love him.) But he doesn't quite get my "writing hobby," so I'm a bit afraid he won't think it's a big deal to lose my QT list. (He doesn't quite understand what a query is either, and I've had to warn him what happens, if I am accepted. Very trusting man. lol) So any help you can give me, (if you can help me), please explain it like you're talking to a computer illiterate... because you are.

With that explanation, here's the question: How do I defrag without losing my QT settings?

Thank you.
gushags16

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:38:22 PM »

I think Patrick will be the one to ask about this to get a definitive answer, but I would not think that defragging your computer would do anything at all negative. Your QueryTracker data is stored on QueryTracker's servers. If you logout and login again, your information would still be there. If you want to be 100% sure, go to a different computer and login to your account and see if your information is all there.

If you want to be 1000% sure, you could always print out your agent list and associated notes before defragging.
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:05:16 PM »

Gushags is right. Your query list is stored on the QueryTracker server so nothing you do to your computer will effect it. So you can go ahead and defrag, just make sure you have your manuscripts backed up just in case.
atwhatcost

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »

In that case, do NOT let anything happen to QT's servers.  Grin

Whew! Although, I think my computer will be in shock from defragging after all these years.

Thank you!
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »

Not to worry. The QT servers are backed up using multiple methods.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: