QueryTracker Community
November 21, 2017, 02:58:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to keep track of which query went to which agents?  (Read 747 times)
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« on: October 20, 2017, 02:03:21 AM »

I have sent out some submissions to agents, using the same query.

Now thinking of using two other versions of the query for the same manuscript.

So lets call them QA, QB, and QC.

What is the best way to keep track of which agents got which query?

I thought it might be simply to paste the query into the NOTES option.
This would mean backtracking and pasting QA (full text of it, or opening sentences of it) in for the agents who were already sent that one. Didn't realize at first that I'd be sending out alternative versions of the query down the road. Now I need a way to distinguish them in my submission records.

Guess I could still use the NOTES option for additional comments to myself on each agent below the query paste-in.
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »

Hi Munley,
There are a couple different ways. If you go to an agent's profile page you'll see a tab called "Letter". This is where you can paste in the actual query letter you sent.

Although that's exactly what it was made for, it isn't great because you have to look at that tab every time you want to see which query was sent, and there is no way to compare results between queries except by hand. Plus, it's just a pain to have to paste it in every time.

Better is to create a separate project for each query letter version. Then log your queries in the appropriate project. Then you know right away which is which, and you can use some of the reporting tools that compare results per project.

If you haven't used projects before, here's a video about it: https://vimeo.com/211115487
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:37:28 AM »

Never thought of creating separate projects for the same manuscript with different queries.

Sounds like that might be a good way to track them.

I'll probably just tack on a --B, and --C to the current name.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: